Highlights of the Department
- Top positions achieved by students of the Department in University Examinations.
- Regular monitoring of students through Terminal exams, projects, assignments, presentations etc.
- Students undergo On-the -Job Training in various organizations.
- Faculty support to the students.
- Research Projects taken by students under CPE scheme.
- The Department of Computer Science has been included as one of the Science Departments under the Star College Scheme granted by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India. Under this scheme the department conducts various training programmes and Workshops for the students and teachers to enhance their knowledge base.
- Online Tutorial from IIT Mumbai is conducted for college students under the NMEICT project Talk -to –a- Teacher.
- Parent- Teacher meet.
- A rich departmental library to enhance the teaching -learning process.
- Three Add-on certificate courses are conducted to make the student computer literate, self sufficient and accomplished as per the requirement of the present time.
- Campus Placement for students in companies like WIPRO, TCS etc.
webinar attended by Computer Science students
Department of Computer Science organised a Poster Competition for BCA IV Sem students and PowerPoint presentation competition for BCA II Sem and PGDCA II Sem students on the theme JAL JIVAN HARIYALI on 3/03/2020
A guest lecture on ‘Usefulness of Intellectual Property Rights for Students and Teachers ‘ was organised on 14th february 2020 by the Department of Computer SCIENCE under Star College Scheme (DBT) in collaboration with the Institution’s Innovation Council of Patna Women’s College. The Resource Persons were Dr. Parikshit Bansal IP Educator and Ms. Kompal Bansal- Patent Agent.
A model making competition was organised by the Department of computer science on 22rd oct.
A guest lecture was organised on the topic Technology, Innovation and Startup by the Department of computer science on 23rd oct
1. Guest Lecture on “The Golden Ratio-Center of Mass “ in Mother Veronica Hall , PWC on 21.07.18
Lecture delivered by Prof. Vijay A. Singh, National Coordinator, Science Olympiad
2. Hands on Experiment on “Identification of Bacteria Isolated from Computers” in CRL, PWC on 26.10.18 & 27.10.18
Experiment Demonstrated by Mr. Sumeet Ranjan, Scientist-I,CRL,PWC
3. Guest Lecture on “Arduino Programming” in Mother Veronica Hall, PWC on 18.01.19
Lecture delivered by Mr. Saurabh Suman
4. Hands on Workshop on “BLAST for Beginners: An application of Computer to Genome” in Deptt. of Computer Science , PWC on 04.02.19 & 05.02.19
Lecture delivered by Ms. Aarti, Deptt. of IMB, PWC
5. Vigyan Utsav :Science Fest in Patna Women’s College on 15.03.19 & 16.03.19
Model Exhibition on Science Fest
6. Hands on Workshop on “Basics of Networking” in Deptt. of Computer Science PWC on 27.03.19 to 29.03.19
Networking Training given to the students by Mr. Azad Deepak and Mr. Vivek Ranjan
7. Faculty Development Program on Python Programming in Deptt. of Computer Science, PWC from 15.05.2019 to 30.05.2019
8. Training program on Arduino Programming using Arduino UNO kit and various Sensors from 11.07.2019 to 20.07.2019
Ms. Manisha Prasad(HOD)
MCA IT, NET
Ms. Amrita Prakash
Ms. Nimisha Manan
Mr. Ajit Kumar
M.Phil, MCA, NET
Mr. Sudhir Kumar
Ms. Deepa Sonal
Dr. R.N. Mishra
Computer Science Department has four Computer Labs well equipped with more than 100 Computers, Printers, LCD projectors, SmartBoard and Visualizer. The department also houses a Faculty Lab which provides Computing facilities to all the teachers of the college . The departmental library has a collection of more than 1000 books and e-resources to provide optimal learning environment.
Courses At a Glance
1. Bachelor (B.Sc.) in Computer Applications (BCA) –3 years Full time
Under Graduate Degree Course, divided in six semesters under CBCS
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA)- 1 year full
time Post Graduate Diploma Course, divided in two semesters under
Add-on Certificate Courses (College Level)
1. Computer Literacy Programme
2. Web Designing
3. Financial Accounting – Tally