Dr. Shilpi Kiran
M.Sc. (Gold Medalist), CSIR NET, Ph.D.
BASIC INFORMATION :
- Name: Dr. Shilpi Kiran
- Gender: Female
- Gender: Assistant Professor
- Department: Botany
Work Experience :
- Currently working as Assistant Professor, Dept. of Botany, Patna Women’s College, Patna University, Patna-800001 since 1st Jan 2021.
- Worked as Assistant Professor, Dept. of Microbiology, Patna Women’s College, Patna University, Patna-800001 since 1st July 2019.
- Assisted classes in Post Graduate Dept. of Botany, Patna University, Patna-800005 from 1st Aug 2013- June 2019.
- Former Guest Faculty in the Dept. of Botany, Patna Women’s College, Patna University, Patna-800001 from 1st Aug 2012 – 31st Dec 2013.
- Elite Silver Medal in FDP course ‘Cell Biology: Cellular organization, Division and Process’ conducted by Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, NPTEL-AICTE, MHRD, Govt. of India in Feb-April, 2021.
- Elite Silver Medal in FDP course ‘Human Molecular Genetics’ conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, NPTEL-AICTE, MHRD, Govt. of India in Jan-Feb, 2020.
- Awardee of DST- INSPIRE Fellowship, Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India vide IF Code- IF131075 in 2014.
- CSIR-UGC NET (Life Sciences) qualified in 2014.
- University Gold Medalist, M.Sc. Botany, Patna University, 2012.
- University 1st Rank Holder, B.Sc. Botany (Hons.), Patna Science College, Patna University, 2010.
- S. Saurabh, M. Singh, S. Bhutani, S. Srivastav, S. Kiran. (Forthcoming Sep 2023). Chapter 7. Nutraceutical Regulation in European Countries. Formulations, Regulations, and Challenges of Nutraceuticals, Apple Academic Press. Vol 30. ISBN: 9781774914564.
- S. Kumari, P. Kumar, S. Kiran, S. Kumari, A. Singh. (2023). Optimization of Siderophore production by Bacillus subtilis DR2 and its effect on growth promotion of Coriandrum sativum. Russian Agricultural Sciences. Vol. 48 (6), 467–475.
- Singh, A., Kiran, S., Saurabh, S., & Kumari, S. (2022). Rhizosphere engineering for crop improvement. Chapter 7. In book: Rhizosphere Engineering, Publisher: Elsevier (pp. 417-444). Academic Press.
- Muskan Sinha, Sujata Kumari, Jagriti Priya, Shilpi Kiran. (2022). Phytochemical screening and antimicrobial study of Euphorbia hirta Linn extracts. Explore, Vol XIV (Part I), 9-13. ISSN- 2278-6414.
- Sushma Kumari, Shilpi Kiran, Roly, Sonali Kumari, Abha Singh, (2020). Impact of soaking, germination and fermentation on phytate in Lentil Lens culinaris Medik. Indian Journal of Botany Studies. 5(5), 389-393.
- Shilpi Kiran, Abha Singh, Preeti Swarupa (2020). Characterization of amylolytic bacteria Bacillus subtilis LC4 isolated from Sita kund hot spring, Bihar, India. International Journal of Biotechnology and Microbiology, 2(2), 09-14.
- Shilpi Kiran, Abha Singh, Chander Prabha, Sushma Kumari, Sonali Kumari (2018): Isolation and characterization of thermostable amylase producing bacteria from hot springs of Bihar, India International Journal of Pharma Medicine and Biological Sciences. 7(2):28-34. ISSN.2278-5221.
- Shilpi Kiran, Sushma Kumari, Abha Singh, Chander Prabha, Sonali Kumari (2018): Extracellular amylase production under submerged fermentation by Bacillus subtilis RK6. International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences. 8(1):376-383. p-ISSN- 2321-3272; e-ISSN-2230-7605.
- Sonali Kumari, C. Prabha, A. Singh, S. Kumari, and S. Kiran (2018). Optimization of Indole-3-Acetic Acid production by diazotrophic B. subtilis DR2 (KP455653), Isolated from Rhizosphere of Eragrostis cynosuroides. 2018. International Journal of Pharma Medicine and Biological Sciences. 7(2):20-27. ISSN- 2278-5221.