Highlights of the Department
- The Department conducts Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma Add-on Courses in Applied Yoga.
- The Department organized a National Seminar on Social, Ethical and Legal Issues Related to Euthanasia in January 2012, the proceedings of which have already been published.
- Department at activity like the seminar quiz, speech contest, poster competition is held on a monthly basis.
- Dr. Ameeta Jaiswal submitted a minor project on “The Ethical The perspective of Euthanasia, the views of Medical Practitioners in Bihar”, which has been published by Lap Lambert Publishing House, Germany.
- The Department celebrated World Philosophy Day in November 2013 and January 2019 sponsored by ICPR New Delhi.
- Philosophy is a student-friendly subject especially because of its syllabus.
- It is a scoring subject for Civil Services Examinations.
- For the main exam of UPSC and the different States Public Service Commission, there is one compulsory paper of 300 marks on Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude. Ethics is an important branch of Philosophy.
- Logical reasoning is also an important part of competitive exams which is taught in Philosophy.
- Philosophy teaches values which is necessary for the upliftment of the society.
- Indian philosophy has its roots in the Vedas and the Upanishads by studying which the student will become acquainted with his culture.
- Contemporary Philosophy critical studies the social and political problems thereby providing the right direction to them.
- in all the IITs and NITs there is a Humanities Department. Philosophy is a subject to be studied there.
- In the IIMS there is a compulsory paper on Value Studies and Ethics.
- In B. Ed. and as well as in Teacher’s Training Classes Educational Philosophy is taught as an important paper.
- Philosophy is a good subject for higher studies and research.
- Two teachers of the department Dr. Kurkum Rani and Dr. Keert Choudhary were awarded minor research projects by the UGC in March 2015 which thy have successfully submitted.
- Teachers of the department regularly publish articles in newspapers, journals, Magazines. Some have even published books.
- Guest lectures on “Ethics and Values” or “Importance of Philosophy in Life” are also held in the department.
- Parent-Teacher meet is also regularly held in the department.
- Students of the department regularly engage themselves in CPE Research Projects on important social and political issues.
- Students of the department are also rank holders in the University.
Dr. Ameeta Jaiswal(HOD)
Dr. Kumkum Rani
Dr. Keerti Chaudhary
Ms. Shyam Priya