Ph.D. (pursuing), UGC – NET in Management & HRM/PMIR, MBA, PGDM.
Vidwan Id : 371361
Orcid ID : 0009-0007-5546-0302
BASIC INFORMATION :
- Name: ALOK JOHN
- Gender: Male
- Email : email@example.com
- Department: Department of Advertising and Marketing Management
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS :
- Ph.D in Human Resource Management (Pursuing) from National Institute of Technology (NIT) Patna
- UGC NET certification for Lectureship in Management (Subject Code – 17)
- UGC NET certification for Lectureship in Human Resource Management & Labour Welfare & Industrial Relations (Subject Code – 55)
- PGDM (AICTE approved) with specialization in Human Resource Management from Xavier Institute of Development Action & Studies (XIDAS), Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
- MBA from Guru Jambeshwar University of Science & Technology (GJUST), Hisar, Haryana
- BBA (Honours) from St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Kolkata, Calcutta University, Kolkata, West Bengal
- School Education
- St. Michael’s High School, Patna, Bihar
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS :
- Successfully completed a term course (Sep – Dec 2013) on Management of Self in Organizations at IIM Calcutta.
- Successfully completed a term course (Sep – Dec 2014) on Management of Creativity at IIM Calcutta.
- Successfully completed Annual Refresher Programme in Teaching (ARPIT) course (2019) on Leadership and Governance in Higher Education organized through SWAYAM portal of Ministry of Education, Govt. of India
- Successfully completed a module on Orientation towards Technical Education and Curriculum Aspects (2021) through National Initiative for Technical Teachers Training (NITTT), Ministry of Education, Govt. of India.
- Successfully completed Two weeks Interdisciplinary Refresher course “Research Methodology and Data Analysis” with Grade A+, conducted by the Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi under the aegis of Ministry of Education, Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching and Indian Accounting Association, NCR Chapter
- Academic Experience
- July 2018 – onwards with Patna Women’s College (Autonomous)
- Dean – National, International Collaborations & Consultancy Services – Spearheaded the academic collaborations with some of the leading and prominent Institutions and Organisations of the Country and Abroad. https://patnawomenscollege.in/our-collaborations/
- Director – Mother Veronica Excellence & Innovation Centre (Business Incubation Centre). The Centre has been recognised as an Institution’s Innovation Council by Ministry of Education Innovation Council, Govt. of India and has been earmarked as the Career Hub under the RUSA scheme, which was virtually inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. https://patnawomenscollege.in/mveicbusiness-incubation-centre/
- Assistant Co-ordinator of Internal Quality and Assurance Cell – (IQAC) & NAAC, Patna Women’s College. Handling the Rankings and Accreditations of the Institution.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Management
- Nodal Officer for the Implementation of National Innovation & Start Up Policy, MHRD’s Innovation Cell, Govt. of India.
- Nodal Officer for the Institution Ranking Process under NIRF 2021, Ministry of Education, Govt. of India. The Colleges secured a rank band of 101 to 150 under the College Category in NIRF 2021 which was its maiden attempt.
- Coordinator for the MDRA – India Today Rankings 2020 & 2021. The College consistently secured highest rank in the State of Bihar and appeared under top 30 Colleges under various categories in the Country for two consecutive years.
- Nodal Officer for Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat (EBSB) scheme of pairing of State of Bihar with the States of Mizoram and Tripura under the aegis of AICTE, Ministry of Education, Govt. of India. Successfully conducted Students – Teachers Exchange Programme under this initiative.
- Institution Level President of Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) under the aegis of MHRD’s Innovation Cell, Govt. Of India
- Nodal Officer of Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) for Jammu & Kashmir Students under the aegis of AICTE, MHRD, Govt. Of India
- Member of the Core Committee for the implementation of Learning Management System at Patna Women’s College
- Coordinator of the International language and Culture course offered by Korean Cultural Centre India, King Sijong Institute, South Korea
- Advisor to the Patna Women’s College Alumni Association – Played a key role in the formal registration of the Association under the Societies Act.
- Programme Director for the Capacity Building Programmes for Personality Development funded by National Commission for Women (NCW), New Delhi.
- Programme Director for the Online Training Programme on Entrepreneurship Development funded by Department of Science of Technology (DST), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India. Received a grant in aid of Rs. 3,00,000.
- Recipient of the Minor Research Project Fund sponsored by RUSA, Govt. of India
- Submitted the proposal for the implementation of UGC PARAMARSH Scheme, Govt. of India. Received a grant in aid of Rs. 30,00,000.
- October 2015 – June 2018 with Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya (IIM Bodh Gaya) as Assistant Manager – Programme – (Instrumental in setting up and help in improving the overall growth of the academic and administrative functions of the new IIM in the State of Bihar since its inception).
- Holds the credit of being the first one to be recruited for IIM Bodh Gaya and established the new unit with norms, standards and procedures.
- June ’13 – September ‘15 with Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta) as Teacher Associate area of Human Resource Management, Organizational Behaviour, Public Policy and Management.
- Delivery and evaluation of courses in Behavioural Sciences, Human Resource Management, Strategic Management, Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility Areas.
- Worked with the sub-committee on the review of student’s feedback system.
- Gained competence in technology driven grade evaluation system and use of online course web moodle for uploading of assignments and course materials and giving individual feedback to the students.
- Worked with Padma Shri Prof. Shoji Shiba, Japanese Management Expert and Chief Advisor for Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for organising the workshop on Breakthrough Management at IIM Calcutta. (April 2014 & April 2015). Received an appreciation from Prof. Shoji Shiba for high level of commitment toward the assignment.
- Extended significant support in organising Conference on “Grounding Strategy: Broadening the Ambit of Strategic Management in India”, by Strategic Management Forum at IIM Calcutta, 12th to 14th June, 2014.
- Extended significant support in organising Workshop on “Facilitating Ethics in Education at Technical/ Business Schools”, at IIM Calcutta, 17th and 18th February, 2014.
- Training & Consulting Experience
Independently designed and delivered training workshops/programmes at:
- National Commission for Women (NCW), New Delhi, Govt. of India – Personality and Capacity Building Programmes (PDPs)
- Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India – Online Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (EDPs)
- Indian Railways Catering & Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), (Ministry of Railways, Govt. of India) – Workshop on CSR& Sustainable Development.
- Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO), (Set-up by Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India), New Delhi – Workshop on Managing Global Business Effectively.
- TATA Motors – Employee Motivation workshop for boosting the sales of newly introduced Zest & Bolt cars.
- Kamla Nehru Shishu Vihar Patna (Established by renowned political leader Late Shri Jay Prakash Narayan) – Workshop on Faculty Development.
- St. Xavier’s College Patna (Established by world renowned Jesuit Fathers) – Workshop on Goal Setting Strategy for the students of the college.
- Patna Women’s College – Workshop on Faculty Development on Servant Leadership
- Shoshit Seva Kendra Patna – Workshop on Faculty Development.
INVITED LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS AS A RESOURCE PERSON
- Invited expert to provide an overview on Academic Pedagogy and Excellence at Pune Institute of Business Management (PIBM), Pune
- Invited Resource person for Seminar on “Mental Health Challenges in Today’s VUCA World”, organised by Human Rights Association in collaboration with Strategic Trainers and Mentors Association, Patna.
- Invited expert for mock NAAC peer team visit at St. Xavier’s College of Management & Technology (SXCMT), Patna.
- Invited Resource person for Career Development and Soft Skills organised by Ranchi Women’s College, Ranchi.
- Invited Resource person for NAAC DVV clarifications organized by St. Xavier’s College of Management & Technology (SXCMT), Patna
- Invited Resource person for NAAC sponsored webinar on “ Revised Accreditation and Assessment Framework in Higher Educational Institutions” organised by IQAC, St. Bede’s College, Shimla.
- Invited Resource person for Entrepreneurship Development under the Chief Minister SC-ST Entrepreneurship Development Scheme hosted by Chandragupt Institute of Management Patna
- Invited Speaker for Coaching for Leadership initiative hosted by Aspire for Her, Mumbai.
- Invited Speaker for Entrepreneurship Development and Achievement Motivation organised by Teerthankar Mahavir University, Moradabad under the banner of NSTEDB, DST, Govt. of India
- Invited Speaker at the Finance Conclave 2021 organised by ISM, Patna
- Invited Speaker for Society 5.0 : Reimaging the World, hosted by MetierX Rainbow Summit
- Invited Speaker to train young participants on Placement Preparedness and LinkendIn Training hosted by Aspire for Her, Mumbai.
- Invited Speaker at National Webinar on Implementation of National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 organised by Xavier Institute of Development Action & Studies (XIDAS) Jabalpur
- Delivered special lecture at St. Peter’s Engineering College (Autonomous), Hyderabad on the topic “Mentoring for Start Ups and Entrepreneurship”.
- Delivered special lecture at PG & Research Department of Human Resource Management, St. Joseph’s College (Autonomous) Tiruchirappalli on the topic “Leadership Excellence during COVID 19 disruption”.
- Invited Speaker at the Silver Jubilee Webinar on Sustainable Management Education and Development in the New Millennium organised by Xavier Institute of Development Action & Studies (XIDAS) Jabalpur
- Invited Speaker at National Webinar on Taming the Dragon – A Holistic Review of India China Ties organised by Sophia Girls College (Autonomous), Ajmer
- Invited Speaker at National Webinar on “ Impact of COVID – 19 on Human Resource Practices in Higher Education Institutions organised by Shiksha Mandal’s G.S. College of Commerce & Economics (Autonomous) Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
- Invited Moderator of a session for the NAAC Awareness and Training Workshop (under the aegis of Raj Bhavan, Patna) organised by Lalit Narayan Mithila University (LNMU), Darbhanga
- Invited Speaker at Bodh Gaya Biennale 2016 organized by CANVAS – Centre for Visual Culture, Patna
- Invited Speaker at Start Up Saturday Kolkata organized by HEADSTART 10,0000 Start Ups, A NASSCOM Initiative.
- Invited Speaker at the Two day seminar on “Relooking at Nations: Reenergizing and Reforming Strategies for Sustainable Development” organised by Gaeddu College of Business Studies, Bhutan, Institute of Management Study, Kolkata and The Institute of Cost Accountants of India, Kolkata.
- PAPER PRESENTATION IN CONFERENCE/SEMINAR/COLLOQUIUM
- Entitled “Envisioning the role of Corporates in building Digital Workplace through effective CSR practices in HEIs”, at the Online National Conference on New Education Policy 2020 : Socio-economic & Political Implications organised by IQAC & Dept. of Economics, St. Aloysius College (Autonomous) Jabalpur, 30th and 31st July, 2021.
- Entitled “Mitigating the Risk of COVID 19 pandemic : Role of Work from Home” at the e- International Conference on Socio Economic and Health Challenges Due to COVID 19 and Mitigation Strategies (SEHCM -2020) organised by Centre for Continuing Education, B.R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, 22nd and 23rd October, 2020.
- Entitled “Emerging trends in Business Education: An Assessment ” at the Golden Jubliee National Colloquium on Higher Education: The Past and the Future UGC organised by Centre for Education Beyond Curriculum (CEDBEC), CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bangalore , 28th and 29th November, 2018
- Entitled “Strategic Measurement of CSR practises by Public Sector Units” at the National Conference on Issues in Emerging Markets (NCEM 2018) Chandragupta Institute of Management Patna (CIMP), Patna , 22nd September, 2018
- Entitled “Scope of improvement in pre-school education training for Anganwadi Workers using Information and Communication Technology (ICT)” at the National Seminar on Impact of Technology on Society : Issues and Challenges organised by St. Xavier’s College of Management and Technology Patna , 12th and 13th April, 2014
- Entitled “The Need of 720 Degree Performance Appraisal in the New Economy Companies at the 2nd International HR Conference organised by Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management (IISWBM) Kolkata, 6th and 7th February, 2014
- Entitled CSR practises during Pre- British and British Era at the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Inclusive Growth, Business and Environment in India’s Emerging Economy organised by St. Xavier’s College Kolkata , 6th and 7th September, 2013.
- Entitled Emergence of Project Management as a tool for Organizational Success at the National Seminar organised by Osmania University, Hyderabad and Indian Council for Social Science Research (ICSSR), Hyderabad, 15th and 16th March, 2013.
- Entitled Building Workplace Commitment through Sustainable Employee Engagements at the National Students Seminar organised by Xavier Institute of Management, Jabalpur , 19th January, 2013
- Entitled Integrating Social Entrepreneurship with Spirituality at the 4th International Conference on Spirituality and Organisational Leadership organised by ISOL Foundation and Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University in association with XIMB at Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar, 10th to 12th January, 2013
- Entitled Relevance of Talent Management Services as a source of Competitive Advantage at the 10th AIMS International Conference on Management organised by IIM Bangalore and AIMS International at IIM Bangalore, 6th to 9th January, 2013.
- Entitled Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Community Development Initiatives at the International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility organised by the Institute of Public Enterprise, Osmania University Campus, Hyderabad, 6th and 7th December, 2012
- Entitled Identifying the Core Competencies for an Effective Talent Management at the International Conference on Facets of Business Excellence II organised by IMT Ghaziabad and University of Essex, United Kingdom at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, 29th November to 2nd December, 2012
- Entitled Rural Marketing : Need of an hour at BRAND-E-GRAM, International Conference on Marketing to Rural India organised by Chandragupta Institute of Management Patna (CIMP), Patna, 10th and 11th November 2012
PUBLICATIONS OF EDITED BOOKS
- Amrita Chowdhury, Alok John, “COVID 19 Pandemic and World Tourism Hospitality : Trends, Challenges and Future Prospects”. New Delhi, Rajesh Publications, 2021. Print. ISBN : 978-93-91139-14-8
- Amrita Chowdhury, Alok John, “ Excellence in Higher Education : Emerging Concerns and the Road Ahead”. New Delhi, Rajesh Publications, 2020. Print. ISBN : 978-81-94687-78-8
PUBLICATIONS OF CHAPTERS IN BOOKS, JOURNALS AND MAGAZINES
- Amrita Chowdhury, Alok John, “Curriculum Development for Outcome Based Education : Evidences from Patna Women’s College”. NAAC For Quality and Excellence in Higher Education in India. Dr. Sister Pearl & Dr. Monika Kannan. New Delhi: Rajesh Publications, 2021. Print. ISBN : 978-93-91139-11-7
- Alok John, “CSR practises during Pre- British and British Era”. Emerging Issues on Inclusive growth, Business and Environment. John Felix Raj etal. Kolkata: Regal Publications, 2016. Print. ISBN : 978-81-8484-566-2
- Alok John, “Scope of improvement in pre-school education training for Anganwadi Workers using Information and Communication Technology (ICT)”. Society and Technology, Impact, Issues and Challenges. Jose Kalapura etal. Patna: Janaki Prakashan, 2015. Print. ISBN 978-93-84767-00-6
- Alok John, Nilesh Baser, “Emergence of Project Management as a tool for Organizational Sucess”. Project Management: A tool for Strategic Competencies. V.Shekhar etal. Hyderabad : B S Publications, 2013. Print. ISBN : 978-81-7800-300-9
- Alok John, “Identifying Core Competencies for and Effective Talent Management”. Beyond Norms Strategies for Excellence. Ed. Rakesh Chopra etal. New Delhi: Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Limited, 2012. Print. ISBN: 978-93-82563-45-7
- Alok John, “Integrating Social Entrepreneurship with Spirituality”, International Journal on Spirituality and Organizational Leadership, Vol. 2, Issue 2, July 2014: Academy of Value Based Management, pp. 5-13. Print. ISSN: 23214473
REWARDS & RECOGNITIONS :
- Recipient of Inspiring Leadership Award by Let’s Inspire Bihar forum, March 2023.
- Recipient of the Outstanding Performance Award as a special recognition for unprecedented leadership in building Institutional Partnerships & Synergetic efforts as the Dean – National, International Collaborations & Consultancy Services (NICCS), presented by the Management of Patna Women’s College (Autonomous), March, 2023.
- Recipient of the Most Iconic Educational Leader award presented by Times Ascent and World HRD Congress, February, 2023
- Received the Institutional Leadership Award from the Management and Governing Body of Patna Women’s College (Autonomous), for the year 2020-2021.
- Received Certificate of Excellence as a Notable mention Award by Internshala for achieving students internships through Internshala..
- Recipient of 1st runner up award for Best Teacher Coordinator representing Patna Women’s College in CONFLUENCE 2.0v – An International Level Student Faculty Exchange Programme hosted by St. Aloysius College (Autonomous), Jabalpur held in the year 2021. Patna Women’s College emerged as the Overall Champion of CONFLUENCE 2.0v under my leadership.
- Recipient of Best Resource Person award in the Category of Management disciple for the outstanding accomplishments in CONFLUENCE 2020 – An International Level Student Faculty Exchange Programme hosted by St. Aloysius College (Autonomous), Jabalpur held in the year 2020
- Received appreciation from Padmashri Prof. Shoji Shiba, Eminent Japanese Management Expert and Chief Advisor for Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for organising the workshop on Breakthrough Management at IIM Calcutta, April 2015.
- Received appreciation from the Chairperson, Visionary Leaders in Manufacturing Programme (VLMP), IIM Calcutta for conducting Self-Initiated Research and Breakthrough Module, April 2014.
- Received appreciation from the General Manager – Corporate Communications & Management Development, Hindalco Industries Ltd., Aditya Birla Group, June 2012.
- Invited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi for the ATAL Brainstorming Conclave
- Nominated as a participant in the CII Education Summit: Redefining Education for the Emerging World organised by Confederation of Indian Industries (CII), MHRD, Govt. Of India and National Book Trust, India.
- Nominated for participation in the Launch of National Innovation and Start Up Policy and Establishment of Institution Innovation Councils by Hon’ble Minister of HRD, Govt. of India at AICTE, New Delhi
- Nominated for participation in the Launch of SHREYAS (Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills) by Hon’ble Minister of HRD, Govt. of India at India Habitat centre, New Delhi
- Participated in the Board of Governors (BoG) meeting of Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya and provided necessary support, 5th July, 2016
- Functioned as:
- Joint Convenor for the RUSA sponsored Online Five Day Faculty Development Programme on “Creating A Positive Work Culture: Strategy for Quality and Excellence” at Patna Women’s College
- Organising Secretary for the Two Day National Web Conference on Navigating the Implications of COVID 19 Pandemic through Effective Leadership and Organisational Culture at Patna Women’s College
- Joint Organising Secretary for the Two Day National Webinar on Strategy of Atmanirbar Bharat in the context of youth migrant labourers : A Sociological Analysis at Patna Women’s College
- Organiser for the Online Faculty Development Programme on Curriculum Development for Outcome Based Education at Patna Women’s College
- Organiser for the National Webinar on Key Insights on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) : An Interface and Emerging Issues at Patna Women’s College
- Organiser for the Online National Workshop on NAAC Assessment and Accreditation : Training and Preparation at Patna Women’s College in Collaboration with St. Aloysius College (Autonomous) Jabalpur
- Organiser for the Online National Conference on COVID 19 and its Impact on World Tourism – Hospitality at Patna Women’s College
- Joint Organising Secretary for the National Webinar on Role of E- Learning during Lockdown : Issues and Challenges organised by IQAC, Patna Women’s College
- Organiser of the Staff Development Programme for Creating Workmen for High Performing Institutions at Patna Women’s College
- Organiser of the two day Faculty Development Programme on Standards of Excellence at Patna Women’s College
- Joint Organising Secretary for the NAAC Sponsored National Seminar on Excellence in Higher Education : Emerging Concerns and the Road Ahead organised by IQAC, Patna Women’s College
- Organiser for the International Conference on “Grounding Strategy: Broadening the Ambit of Strategic Management in India”, by Strategic Management Forum at IIM Calcutta
- Organiser for the Workshop on “Facilitating Ethics in Education at Technical/ Business Schools”, at IIM Calcutta
- Member of Scrutiny Committee formulated by Bihar State Higher Education Council, Govt. of Bihar
- Member of Institute Purchase Committee of Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya (IIM Bodh Gaya)
- Member of Institute Transport Committee of Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta)
- Core Committee Member for organising Workshop on Eco-spirituality and Management Practices
- Core Committee Member of Enlightening the Young Minds, a talk series initiative.