Ph.D. (pursuing), UGC – NET, MBA, PGDM.
BASIC INFORMATION :
- Name: ALOK JOHN
- Gender: Male
- Department: Department Of Advertising And Marketing Management
Work Experience :
Training & Consulting Experience
Independently designed and delivered training workshops/programmes at:
- Indian Railways Catering & Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), (Ministry of Railways, Govt. of India) – Workshop on CSR& Sustainable Development
- Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO), (Set-up by Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India), New Delhi – Workshop on Managing Global Business Effectively
- TATA Motors – Employee Motivation workshop for boosting the sales of newly introduced Zest & Bolt cars.
- Kamla Nehru Shishu Vihar Patna (Established by renowned political leader Late Shri Jay Prakash Narayan) – Workshop on Faculty Development.
- St. Xavier‟s College Patna (Established by world renowned Jesuit Fathers) – Workshop on Goal Setting Strategy for the students of the college.
- Shoshit Seva Kendra Patna – Workshop on Faculty Development.
Academic Experience :
- July ’18 – onwards with Patna Women’s College (Autonomous)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Advertising and Marketing Management & Business Administration,
- Coordinator – Mother Veronica Excellence & Innovation Centre & Institutional Level President of Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) under the aegis of MHRD’s Innovation Cell, Govt. Of India
- Assistant Co-ordinator Internal Quality and Assurance Cell
- Nodal Officer of Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) for Jammu & Kashmir Students under the aegis of AICTE, MHRD, Govt. Of India
- October’15 – June ‘18 with Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya (IIM Bodh Gaya) as Programme Manager – (Instrumental in setting up and help in improving the overall growth of the academic and administrative functions of the new IIM in the State of Bihar since its inception). Holds the credit of being the first one to be recruited for IIM Bodh Gaya and established the new unit with norms, standards and procedures.
- June ’13 – September ‘15 with Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta) as Teacher associate in the area of Human Resource Management, Organizational Behaviour, Public Policy and Management
- Alok John. “CSR practises during Pre- British and British Era”. Emerging Issues on Inclusive growth, Business and Environment. John Felix Raj etal. Kolkata: Regal Publications, 2016. Print. ISBN : 978-81-8484-566-2
- Alok John. “Scope of improvement in pre-school education training for Anganwadi Workers using Information and Communication Technology (ICT)”. Society and Technology, Impact, Issues and Challenges. Jose Kalapura etal. Patna: Janaki Prakashan, 2015. Print. ISBN 978-93-84767-00-6
- Alok John, Nilesh Baser. “Emergence of Project Management as a tool for Organizational Sucess”. Project Management: A tool for Strategic Competencies. V.Shekhar etal. Hyderabad: B S Publications, 2013. Print. ISBN : 978-81-7800-300-9
- Alok John. “Identifying Core Competencies for and Effective Talent Management”. Beyond Norms Strategies for Excellence. Ed. Rakesh Chopra etal. New Delhi: Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Limited, 2012. Print. ISBN: 978-93-82563-45-7
- Alok John. “Integrating Social Entrepreneurship with Spirituality”. Integrating Spirituality and Organizational Leadership. Ed. Sunita Singh Sengupta. New Delhi: ISOL Publications, 2012. Print. ISBN : 978-81-920639-3-5
- Successfully presented a dissertation on Value Added Customer Services Enhance Brand Awareness at St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata for 201