About Patna Women’s College
Patna Women’s College was founded in 1940 by Bishop B.J. Sullivan S.J., Bishop of Patna and Mother M. Josephine A.C. Superior General of the Apostolic Carmel. It was the first institution of higher learning opened to cater to the educational needs of women in Bihar. Bishop Sullivan, the founder, named it Patna Women’s College and presented it as a gift to the females of Bihar, thereby placing at their disposal an opportunity for higher education. It was Bishop Sullivan’s firm belief that the upliftment of Bihar lay in liberating its womenfolk by providing them with opportunities for higher education i.e., by empowering them. In the early years, the college and the hostel were housed in the Bishop’s own residence at Bankipore, which he vacated for this landmark.
Rooted in the life, vision, and teachings of Jesus Christ and inspired by Mother Veronica, the foundress of the Apostolic Carmel, Patna Women’s College strives to become a center of academic excellence in higher education, social responsibility, and empowerment of women.
Patna Women’s College, the first college for women in Bihar, is committed to the holistic development of women so as to make an effective contribution to the creation of a better society.
A premier institution, with hallmark of
Quality and Excellence
MESSAGE FROM PRINCIPAL’S DESK
Hope you are doing well. Keeping in view of the existing situation in the Country, the Examination Cell and Academic Council of the College have taken the following decisions.
- All the Students who have been allowed to fill the examination forms to appear in Semester II and Semester IV examinations have been promoted to the next Semester. However such Students who fail or remain absent in one or more subjects during the examinations will be required to clear those subjects, whenever examinations are conducted by the College next.
- Online classes for Semester III and Semester V will Start from 06.07.2020 using LMS (Learning Management System) Talent LMS. Students, who are unable to attend the online classes due to Connectivity issues, will have access to recorded versions of the lessons on YouTube Channel of the College website for viewing the same.
- Please ensure your mobile number and email address are correct.
- Identify a particular place in your house where the phone can receive a clear signal and retain good connectivity for the entire duration of the online class.
- The connectivity is to be checked everyday.
- Keep with you a pen and paper ready, for notes and/ or rough works.
- You need a smart phone/ laptop/ desktop with camera so that you can interact virtually with your teacher/ mentor.
- You are advised to join the class at least 10-15 minutes prior to the commencement of the online classes.
- Please get in touch with your respective H.O.D’s for details of your online class schedule through LMS.
- The link for the LMS (online class) will be sent to your Registered e-mail ID.
(Dr. Sister M. Rashmi A.C.)