About Patna Women’s College
Patna Women’s College was founded in 1940 by Bishop B.J. Sullivan S.J., Bishop of Patna and Mother M. Josephine A.C. Superior General of the Apostolic Carmel. It was the first institution of higher learning opened to cater to the educational needs of women in Bihar. Bishop Sullivan, the founder, named it Patna Women’s College and presented it as a gift to the females of Bihar, thereby placing at their disposal an opportunity for higher education. It was Bishop Sullivan’s firm belief that the upliftment of Bihar lay in liberating its womenfolk by providing them with opportunities for higher education i.e., by empowering them. In the early years, the college and the hostel were housed in the Bishop’s own residence at Bankipore, which he vacated for this landmark.
Rooted in the life, vision, and teachings of Jesus Christ and inspired by Mother Veronica, the foundress of the Apostolic Carmel, Patna Women’s College strives to become a center of academic excellence in higher education, social responsibility, and empowerment of women.
Patna Women’s College, the first college for women in Bihar, is committed to the holistic development of women so as to make an effective contribution to the creation of a better society.
Updated Notice view all
- CET B.Ed. 2021 2nd Conselling Admission Notice Updated On : 09-10-2021
- Sem-IV 2019-22 Scrutiny Notice Updated On : 09-10-2021
- UG & MCA Semester-IV Result (Exam. Sept. 2021) – Collegiate & Non-Collegiate Updated On : 06-10-2021
- AECC PROFICIENCY RESULT (ENGLISH). Updated On : 06-10-2021
- AECC PROFICIENCY RESULT (HINDI). Updated On : 06-10-2021
- Sem-V Form Fillup Notice 2021 Updated On : 01-10-2021
- End Sem-V Exam Notice 2021 Updated On : 01-10-2021
Events view all
- PWC World Entrepreneurs’ Day 21.08.2021, Register Here Updated On : 19-08-2021
- Two Day International Web Conference(September 8th & 9th , 2021) Register Here Updated On : 17-08-2021
- Five Day Online FDP Organised by IQAC, Register Here Updated On : 27-06-2021
- International Yoga Day June 21, 2021 Updated On : 19-06-2021