Highlights of the Department
- The Department has well furnished departmental library.
- Poster making, Seminars, Slogan writing related to some social issues are some of the regular activities of the department.
- B.A. 3rd year students prepare Research Project and write Research Papers under C.P.E. scheme.
- Guest lectures are organized in the department.
- Smartboard is used for teaching-learning purpose.
- Semester-based courses under Choice Based Credit System syllabus has started from July 18.
- Parent-teacher meet is held in the department.
- Tutorial classes are conducted.
- Department encourages students to participate in various co-curricular activities, sports, NCC, NSS and add-on courses.
Department of sociology organised a online quiz competition through Google forms with students of 4th semester on 22nd may 2020
leadership webinar by dept. of Sociology student
department of Sociology attending the webinar.
Department of Sociology organised a “slogan writing competition” on jal jeevan hariyali with the students of Sociology 2nd semester on 3rd January 2020.
Department of sociology organised a Debate competition on the topic “Capital Punishment for Rape” with Sociology fourth semester students on 10th of Feb 2020 Venue: Room no. 35
On the occasion of child rights day, department of sociology organised a poster making competition on the topic “child rights” with the students of Sociology 2nd year and 3rd year. Date: 20th November 2019, Time: 9:30 am to 12 noon, venue: room no. 52 and 36
Department of sociology organised a “slogan writing competition” on the topic “Women Emancipation” with sociology B.A 2nd year students. Date: 23rd October 2019, Time: 11:05 am to 12:55pm, Venue: AMM Dept
Debate competition organised by Department of Sociology on the topic “Can social media help overcome the problem of illetracy?” with the students of Sociology B.A 1st year. Date: 31st August 2019, Time: 9:15 to 11:05 Venue: Room no. 52 Amm Dept.
Department of Sociology hosted an “Internshala classroom internship talk show”, which was conducted by a student of B.A 3rd year sociology named Anam Fatma, on 10th and 12th July 2019 with sociology B.A 1st year, 2nd year and 3rd year students respectively. The main moto of the program was making students aware about how to gain experience and earn pocket money while in studying in college. Date: 10th and 12th July 2019, Time: 11:05 – 12 noon, Venue: Room no. 35 and 55
Event : “Pride Parade” for rights of LGBT community Organised by : Dostana Safar and Tarumitra. Date: 14th July 2019 venue: From Sahitya Sammelan to Premchand Rangshala kadamkuan. Time: 3:00 pm – 6 pm. Participation of B.A 2nd and B.A 3rd year of Department of Sociology.
Departmental Activity organised by Department of Sociology. Awareness Program on Prevention of Sexual harassment (POSH) Date: 29th July 2019.Venue: MTH, Time: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm with B.A 1st, 2nd and 3rd of sociology Dept.
Dr. Tapashi Bhattacharjee(HOD)
Dr. Ragini Ranjan
Dr. Chandni Sinha
Sister Jincy A.C.