Highlights of the Department
- The faculty members are constantly engaged in extension services, presenting papers, publishing articles, projects, and authoring books.
- One of the students of this department is now a judge of Jaipur High Court (Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra)
- Department organizes Seminar, Conference & Symposium on a regular basis on current issues like Human Rights, Women’s Studies, Environment etc.
- Department runs two add-on courses in Human Rights and Value education and Women’s Studies.
- The Department of Political Science is one of the star departments of the College.
- Department of Political Science organized an online quiz competition to commemorate International Human Rights Day on 10th December 2020. The quiz was open for all and e-certificates were given to the participants.
Download Pdf Quiz competition 2020
- One day online webinar was organized by the Department of Political Science to commemorate VP Mehra birth centenary on 25th of November 2020. Prof. Swaran Singh from JNU and Coln. PK Gautam were the resource persons.
- Department of Political Science organized a Guest Lecture on the occasion of International Women’s Day on Zoom on 6th of March 2021 from 6-7 pm. Dr Papiya Raj from IIT, Patna and Dr Navjoy Simi (IPS) Bihar cadre were the resource persons.
- Department of Political Science organized an Interactive session with DR Yatan Pal Singh Balhara, Visiting Faculty AIIMS, Rishikesh on the topic ‘Managing Anxiety and Depression among students in the Covid Age’ on 5th of May 2021 from 10 to 11 am on Zoom.
- Department of Political Science organized the 75th Independence Day Programme on 14th of August from 4.30 pm onwards. The Programme was streamed on PWC YouTube channel.
- The Department of Political Science organized Fortnightly Exchange of lecture with Sophia Girls College on 14th August from 6-7pm. Students of UG and PG of both the colleges attended the lecture which was held on google meet.
Download Pdf SOPHIA GIRLS’ COLLEGE
- The Department of Political Science held online Rakhi competition for BA Semester II, MA Semester II and BA Semester V on 19th of August from 3 to 5 pm. The girls prepared Rakhi out of waste as a mark of their commitment to save Mother Earth by keeping it clean.
Report on Faculty Exchange Programme Lecture
Department of Political Science held a value based discussion on ‘Learning love and compassion from Mother Earth ‘ with MA SEM II on 26th of June 2021 from 10.45 onwards followed by discussion with the students..
Department of Political Science Patna Women’s College organized Fortnightly Exchange of Lectures with Sophia Girls College Ajmer on 12th of June. The students of BA III and PG of both the colleges attended the lecture. Dr Vinita Priyedarshi of PWC and Dr Neelam Bhatia of Sophia Girls College delivered the lecture. The program was held online on Zoom from 3 to 5 pm.
A video clip from a Swedish movie Force Majeure (2014) was screened for the students of B.A. Semester 5 on the Zoom platform on 15 June 2021. It was followed by a discussion facilitated by Dr. Miranda Das on the role of human values, for instance, care, benevolence, responsibility, and love in adverse situation.
MA Semester II students participated in painting and slogan writing to mark the World Environment Day on 5th of June 2021.
On the occasion of World Environment Day on 5th June 2021 the Department of Political Science of Patna Women’s College Autonomous organised a one of its kind competition among it’s students of BA Semester V. In the competition students were supposed to research and make a presentation on environmental issues based on their research. Full creative freedom was given to students and they could present it in any of the following forms-
- Story Telling
- Farrago of all the above methods of presentation.
Department of Political Science organized a Mock Youth Parliament on the eve of Ambedkar Jayanti on 13th of April from 2.00 to 3.30 pm.
These students of the department of Political Science attended the webinar.
Name of webinar- Art of influencing through communication
Speaker – Siji Varghese (TEDx speaker
Date- 13th july 2020
Time- 4 p.m.
Bhanu Pratap from the Department of Political Science initiated a crowd funding. Rupees 9000 was collected and given to Janman , an NGO which in collaboration with Aaruni charitable trust distributed ration to the migrant workers in Patna and Delhi with this amount . All the teachers of the Department contributed generously for the noble cause
Leadership webinar attended by Dept. of Political science Student
Webinar attended by Political Science students
Department of Political Science organised an interactive session with the students of BA 1 and BA 2 on the theme, What it means being a women to mark the occasion of International Women’s Day. The students shared their experiences of being a girl child. The students were then told to make a report on it.
Students of the Department of Political Science celebrated International Women’s Day with the students of Asha Kiran on 7th of March 2020. The students of Asha Kiran presented a song and a dance which were taught to them by the students of the Department. The students of the Department presented a short skit on the occasion on the life of Jyotiba Phule and Savitri Phule. Sister Mary Sujita was the chief guest. Students of the Asha Kiran were given gifts and chocolates after the programme.
The Department of Political Science organised a slogan writing, poetry writing and painting competition on the occasion of Jal Jeevan Hariyali in Basketball court. The students of BA 1 and BA 2 participated….40 students of the Department participated in it.
The Department of Political Science conducted an interactive session with the students of the Department on the use of the app Police Didi in Carmel hall on 25th February. The programme was organised by the Bihar police in collaboration with the Prayas Bharati Trust. A nukkard natak was presented through which the students were instructed on the use of the app. Senior DSP CID Mamta kalyani and Suman Lal founder Prayas Bharati and their team were present on the occasion. The students of Sociology also attended the programme..
A debate competition was held in room number 101 from 10 am to 12 noon for the students of Political Science B A 1
The students of the Department of Political Science celebrated Human Rights Day by forming a human chain outside the college gate.
Department of Political Science organised Parent Teacher Meet on 27th November 2019 with B. A. 3 in Carmel hall at 10.am.
Students of the Department of Political Science participated in the discussion on Constitution and Panchayati Raj organised by CNLU on the eve of Constitution Day.
A guest lecture was organised by the Department of Political Science in room number 101 for BA 1 and BA 3 on 21.10.19. Lecture was delivered by Professor Dr. S P singh Dean of Social Sciences and Humanities.