Highlights of the Department
- The Department is equipped with an air-conditioned state-of-the-art computer lab.
- Mass Communication, Reporting & Editing, Audio Visual Media, Design & Graphics, Photojournalism, Public Relation, and Advertising etc. form a part of the syllabus.
- On the Job training in the Print Media for the 1st year students and in Electronic Media/ PR/ Advertising agencies for the 2nd year students during May-June is a compulsory part of the curriculum.
- During the 3rd year, the students are taken a study tour to places like Mumbai, Goa, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, and Amritsar where they visit various organizations of the Print Media & Electronic Media apart from the local sightseeing
- The students take part in Seminars, Workshops, Co-curricular activities.
- The BMC library has a rich collection of books, magazines, and daily newspapers and in addition an LCD TV with a Projector and screen and a laptop to facilitate exposure of the electronic media.
- The USP of the department is its lab journal ‘Headway’ which gives exposure to the students of BMC to learn the finer nuances of Print Journalism while I-Mac with FCP (Final Cut Pro ) gives them hands-on training in Video Production. Throughout the year the students are busy shooting, recording, editing, writing scripts and other media related work under the guidance of experts from respective fields.
Department of Mass Communication organised Slogan Writing Competition on the theme “Yoga for Well Being” for the students of Semester II on 2nd May 2022.
The Competition was judged by Ms Roma, Head, Mass Communication, Ms. Enakshi, Assistant Professor, Mr. Ajay kumar Jha, Assistant Professor and Ms. Divya, Assistant Professor.
The Department of Mass Communication conducted a Value added class on ‘How To Save Our Planet’ for the students of Semester II with Ms. Divya Gautam. In this online class, students watched a 15 min documentary by World Wild Fund International. There was a discussion among students on anthropogenic problem faced by our planet and how humans can take charge of our better future and save our planet.
The Department of Mass Communication organised an ‘On the Spot Slogan Writing Competition’ for the students of Sem IV and PGDJMC Sem II students to celebrate Azaadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
To observe Earth Day on April 22, 2022 the department of Mass Communication organised a poster making competition on the theme of “Invest in Our Planet”.
The competition was held among semester II undergraduate students. The competition was divided in seven groups where each group presented two posters. The students of group 7, group 4 and group 6 won potted plants as the first, second and third position respectively. The winners were felicitated by the jury members, Mr. Amitabh Ranjan, Mr. Prashant Ravi and Mr. Ajay Kumar Jha based on their subjects and visual representation of posters. The students were applauded for their efforts by the head of the department, Mrs Roma.
The competition was guided by department’s assistant professors, Ms. Ankita and Ms. Divya Gautam.
The Department of Mass Communication Patna Women’s College organised a workshop on “Cinematography in 21st century with Mirrorless Camera” on Monday,April 18. The chief spokesperson was Dikhit Das, Sales and Technical expert, Nikon India.
He enlightened the students with technical knowledge related to mirrorless camera, introduced students to technical terms such as ISO,FPS,aperture, custom white balance and more. Mr. Das kept the audience vivid with different videos shots by him on wildlife, pre wedding, fashion etc. He also shot few videos and photos at the moment to explain certain terms. Students also got the opportunity to learn video production and editing on applications like Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premium the students were also awarded the chance to handle Nikon mirrorless cameras to learn different shots practically.
The workshop was an interesting and interactive one.
Glimpse of Online Parent Teacher Meeting of PGDJMC held on 16th April 2022
An Online Webinar was conducted by Upgrad ,an online learning platform on 7th April 2022 for the PGDJMC students of Sem II in the department.
The aim of the webinar was to provide academic and career counselling to students .
Digital Marketing is a new age profession that has taken the world by storm. Its growing demand and development of entrepreneurial skills makes it the most coveted course of the era. We promise to educate students about these courses and about their potential career streams that they have to offer. The webinar focused on the academic and career counselling of the students and the job prospects after Digital Marketing course, followed by QnA session with the students.
The students of Mass Communication, Patna Women’s College organised a Magazine cover exhibition on March 30, 2022.
The theme of the exhibition was centered around women. The participants of the exhibition were students of semester 6. The students had designed & printed the covers fashion which were on by the women, for the women and of the women.
The exhibition garnered positive reception from students & teachers alike. It especially caught Dr Sister M. Rashmi, Principal’s eye who was the ‘Guest of honour’ for the event.
A speech competition was organised by the department of Mass Communication in collaboration with All India Radio, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt of India to mark ‘ Aazadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’
The students of Mass Communication bagged first and second prizes in the spot essay/press release writing competition and 7 prizes in Quiz organised by Regional Outreach Bureau, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt of India. The prizes were given by Ms Harpreet Kaur, *IPS and Mr Dilip Kumar *IAS, and Mr Vijay Kumar,IIS .
A webinar was organized in collaboration with ROB, Govt of India, UNICEF and the Department of Mass Communication on COVID 19 and Stigma
leadership webinar attended by dept. of mass Communication student
webinar attended by Mass Communication students
A guest lecture was organised by the department of Mass Communication
Speaker – Mr Manikant Thakur, Former Correspondent BBC Topic ‘ British Broadcasting Corporation: A Case Study
Poster Presentation on Advertisement by Dept of Mass Communication on 17th Aug 2019 and Media coverage on 18th Aug 2019
Photo Exhibition on 19th & 20th August 2019 Venue Carmel Hall
Workshop organized by Dept of Mass Comm & Communicative English on 26th &27th July 2019