Highlights of the Department
- Establishment of Commerce Lab to provide students knowledge in five specialized sections viz:- Banking, Accountancy, Insurance, Foreign Exchange & Stock Exchange.
- Students securing top ranks in Patna University Exams.
- Students securing more than 95% marks in NCFM & NCCMP courses conducted in the Department.
- Internship arranged for many students in the companies like Kotak Securities, Lohia Securities Pvt. Ltd. & Fast Capital Markets Ltd.
- Seminars, Group Discussions are conducted regularly.
- Special guidelines and motivation for career orientation to students.
- Spotlight on current economic and business scenario.
- Modern means of teaching like PowerPoint Presentation in the class.
Department of Commerce organised Slogan Writing Competition to celebrate “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotasav”.
Department of Commerce organised Poster Making Competition on Earth Day 2022 , on the theme – Invest in Planet on 22nd April 2022 for the students of B.Com Semester II to sensitise them about the significance of protection and conservation of our planet earth and it’s environment.
26 groups of students participated in the Competition and exhibited their creativity on posters with strong messages an appeal to protect Planet Earth.
Department of Commerce organises a Guest Lecture on ‘Intellectual Property Rights In E-commerce’ by CA Chirantan Bhattacharya, for the students of B.Com Semester II.
Time: 10.15 am
Department of Commerce
Organises PowerPoint Presentation on “Gender Sensitisation: Issues and Challenges “, for the students of B.Com Semester VI on 15.02.2022
Department of Commerce organises Parent Teacher Meet for B.Com Semester 3, on 29.11.2021 and Invitation to Parents
Department of Commerce is organising Freshers’ Day for the students of B.Com Semester 1.
Department of Commerce organises Parent Teacher Meet for B.Com Semester 5, on 28.10.2021 and Invitation to Parents
Department of Commerce is organising Parent Teacher Meet for the parents of B.Com Semester I
Date : 25.09.2021
Time : 9.30 am – 1.3
1. Department of Commerce organised ‘Value Based Personality Class’ for BCom Semester 4 Students
2. Department of Commerce organised ‘Value Based Personality Class’ for BCom Semester 2 Students
Department of Commerce organised Online Meeting of Board of Studies.
Date : 25.06.2021
Time :11 am
Department of Commerce is organising a Guest Lecture on ‘ Leadership Challenges In VUCA World’ for the students of Semester 2.
Guest Speaker :
Post Graduate and Research Department of Commerce, St.Xavier’s College
University of Calcutta, Kolkata, West Bengal.
ONLINE GUEST LECTURE ON INDIAN ECONOMIC SCENARIO : AFTERMATH OF COVID19
Date : 18th September , 2020
‘Online Quiz’ was organised by Department of Commerce for the students of GE Commerce Sem-4, on 30.06 2020.
‘Online Quiz Series’ was organised by Department of Commerce for Sem 2 Students ( Section A & B) on 29.06.2020.
‘Online Quiz Series’ was organised by Department of Commerce for the students of Sem 4 ( Section A & B) on 28.06.2020.
Departmental Meeting was conducted on Google Meet by Department of Commerce . The agenda of Meeting was-
1. To organise Quiz and other activities for B.Com Students.
2. Allocation of topics of the syllabus of Semester 5.
3. Guidance to students to get ready for Sem End Examination.
leadership webinar by dept. of B.com student.
Department of Commerce organised PPT Competition on the topic – Women’s Rights’ on 04.03.2020 to mark International Women’s Day.
Open Discussion was organised by Department of Commerce on ‘Jal Jeevan Hariyali’….on 03.03.2020.
Parents- Teachers Meet was organised by Department of Commerce for B.com Ist year, in two sessions on 8.02.2020