Highlights of the Department
- Regular Seminars and Group Discussions are held to enhance communication skills.
- Academic evaluation of students by Terminal Examinations.
- Monitoring of the student’s experimental skills by assignments.
- Exposure trips to Industries and Research institutions, places of Botanical Interests.
- Well equipped laboratories with advanced facilities.
- Active participation in co-curricular and extra curricular activities.
- Undergraduate Research under college with potential for Excellence and Basic Scientific Research scheme of UGC.
- Departmental library with a recent edition of books and journals for reference.
The Department of Chemistry, Patna Women’s College (Autonomous) organized a Poster Competition on title “Indian Scientists and their Inventions in the field of Chemistry” on 30.01.2023 in an offline mode at 12:00 noon. Twelve (12) students of Semester IV participated in Poster Competition. Komal, Swati Singh secured Ist position, Anjali secured 2nd position and 3rd position was secured by Ritika Kumari and Promita Maji.
Department of chemistry, Patna women’s college organised an alumni meet on 17.10.2022. The event marked the reunion of passed out students of the chemistry department. A short cultural programme was put up by the current students comprising of welcome song, folk dance.Fun filled games were also conducted for the alumni
Alumni meet on 17.10.2022
Department of chemistry, Patna women's college organised an alumni meet on 17.10.2022. The event marked the reunion of passed out students of the chemistry department. A short cultural programme was put up by the current students comprising of welcome song, folk dance.Fun filled games were also conducted for the alumni.
On the Eve of Independence day 2020 Sem 4,3
Department of Chemistry’ organized a poster competition on the womens liberation. on 5.3.2020 on the eve of international women’s day
Dept of Chemistry organized Poster competition on ‘Benefits of Green Chemistry’ on 10/02/2020
Dept of chemistry Pwc organised poster competition on the Topic “Application of Nuclear energy” on 27.8.2019
The Department of chemistry organized one day work on topic Physico-chemical analysis of drinking water on 13 March 2019. The resource person of this workshop is dr Ajay Upadhyay, P.H.E.D department, the a government of Bihar and his team. They analysis the various parameters of water. Some photos of this workshop
Quiz competition – 2.8.2019
Non Teaching Staff
Mr. Swapan Jana
Mr. Anoop Alexender Toppo