Rooted in the life, vision, and teachings of Jesus Christ and inspired by Mother Veronica, the foundress of the Apostolic Carmel, Patna Women’s College strives to become a center of academic excellence in higher education, social responsibility, and empowerment of women.
Patna Women’s College, the first college for women in Bihar, is committed to the holistic development of women so as to make an effective contribution to the creation of a better society.
To this end, we strive
- To become a center of excellence in higher education for women in an atmosphere of autonomy.
- To excel in teaching-learning, research, and consultancy.
- To provide education that promotes capacity building and holistic development of a person.
- To offer subjects for competency building and motivate/animate a workforce imbued with human values.
- To promote patriotism, communal harmony and cultural integration to maintain a free and peaceful atmosphere on the campus.
- To train the students in creative arts, social service, critical thinking, and leadership in order to make an effective contribution to the creation of a new and value based society.
- To create women leaders and to make them agents of social change.
- To develop skill oriented and value based courses, for the all-round development of individuals.
- To promote academic exchange and academia-industry interface.
- To form young women who are ‘always wise’ and who will dare to ‘go ahead and conquer knowledge’ through, competence, commitment, delicate conscience, and compassion.
The Core Values of our Institution are:
- Faith in God
- Honesty /Moral Uprightness
- Love and Forgiveness towards all
- Social Responsibility/empowerment of the Marginalized
- Respect for Life and Creation
- Pursuit of Excellence
- Promotion of peace, harmony and brotherhood
We encourage our staff to be imbued with this same ‘Vision and Mission’ in the service of the glorious task of education to the youth of our time.
We urge parents/guardians, who entrust their children to us, to share our ‘Vision and Mission’ and to cooperate with us in making our students a powerful force for the transformation of society. Keeping all this in mind, the students are trained in the academic subjects by a group of highly committed teachers.
In the light of the vision and mission statement, we, with our lay collaborators, lead our students to:
- Nourish a deep faith in God.
- Relentlessly search for truth and justice.
- Foster an ongoing urge to reflect and act in accordance with their convictions.
- Think creatively and courageously face the challenges of life.
- Respect other faiths and foster religious harmony.
- Respect the rights of every individual.
- Cherish fidelity to their duties and responsibilities.
- Love their neighbor, irrespective of status, caste, and creed, and live in peace and harmony.
- Set themselves free from socio-economic, religious, caste and gender prejudices and act as catalysts of social change.
- Protect, preserve and judiciously use the resources of the earth for the welfare of all.
- Be willing to forgive and forget the wrongs done to them.
- Be committed to selfless service of the economically, socially, psychologically and spiritually deprived, especially women.
- Be loyal to their country, prepare themselves to take leadership roles for the good of the country and of the society.