Highlights of the Department
- Regular Seminars and Group Discussions are held to enhance communication skills.
- Academic evaluation of students by Terminal Examinations.
- Monitoring of the student’s experimental skills by assignments.
- Exposure trips to Industries and Research institutions, places of Botanical Interests.
- Well equipped laboratories with advanced facilities.
- Active participation in co-curricular and extra curricular activities.
- Undergraduate Research under college with potential for Excellence and Basic Scientific Research scheme of UGC.
- Departmental library with the recent edition of books and journals for reference.
Online class test for Botany Core Course Sem IV students conducted on 07.06.2020 at 11:00 am- 12:30 pm.
leadership webinar by dept. of botany student.
Department of Botany organized a Placard Competition on the theme “Jal Jeevan Hariyali” on 03.03.2020. Botany Hons Semester II students participated in the competition.
The department of Botany organized an Industrial visit to Sudha Dairy, Patna under Star College Scheme of DBT on 10.02.2020 for Botany Honours I yr students..
The department of Botany organized an Educational trip to Botanical Garden, Patna on 04.02.2020 ‘under Star College Scheme of DBT’ for Botany Honours II yr students for Green Audit and Soil analysis.
The department of Botany organized Parent Teacher Meet on 01.02.2020 for Botany Honours III yr students.
The department of Botany organized a Working Model Exhibition Cum Competition on “Non Conventional Energy Sources” under Star College Scheme of DBT on 29.01.2020. A total of 10 working models were prepared by Botany Hons first year students that included Firefighting System, Hydraulic bridge, Swing bridge, Sewage plant, Smart stick, Earthquake sensor, Unmanned railway crossing, Hydraulic amazing tracks, Smog absorber and Light fidelity.
The Judges were Dr Shahla Yasmin, Head, Department of Zoology, Dr Amrita, Asst. Prof., Department of Physics and Dr Vijay Kumar, Asst. Prof., Department of Statistics.
DBT sponsored Guest Lecture under Star College Scheme on “ SPECIATION IN HIGHER PLANTS” organized by the department of BOTANY on 12:10:2019.
Resource Person- PROF. M. P. TRIVEDI, Head, Department of Botany, Patna Science College, P. U.
Guest Lecture on the Topic: “Scientific approach for conservation of drug yielding plants
for everybody’s use” By : Prof.Jainendra Kumar Former Dean, Science, Magadh University. Organized by department of Botany.
A Workshop on “Hydroponics “ organised by the Department of Botany on 06.03.2019.
Resource Person: Md Jawaid Alam, Coordinator, Nature Club of India, Patna
Speech contest on the topic “Has Technology detached us from the Society” – 2019