Patna Women’s College is a zone of ‘zero-tolerance with regard to Ragging and Sexual Harassment.
Anti Ragging Movement
Ragging is a punishable offense. Students found guilty of ragging and or abetting ragging, within or outside the college premises will be punished in accordance with punishment suggested by the UGC in line with Supreme Court directives.
At The Institution Level:
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offense as established by the Anti Ragging Committee of the Institution, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or another evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for a period ranging from 1 to 2 years.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
- Fine ranging from Rupees 25,000/- to Rupees 1 lakh.
- When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.
Anti Ragging Committee members of the college.
Please contact any of the members when the need arises, to initiate action:
|Dr. Sister M. Rashmi A.C., Member Secretary.|
|Dr. Ameeta Jaiswal.|
|Prof. Shahla Yasmin.|
|Sister Maria Tanisha A.C.|
|Dr. Prabha Kumar|
Internal Complaints Committee – ICC (Sexual Harassment)
- Definitions of Sexual Harassment
- Do’s and Do not’s
- Procedure for registering complaints
In compliance with the Supreme Court Judgment and guidelines issued in 1997 to provide for the effective enforcement of the basic human right of gender equality and guarantee against sexual harassment and abuse, more particularly against sexual harassment at workplaces the University Grants Commission (UGC) has issued circulars since 1998 and insisting the enactment of the sexual harassment of women at workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal Act-Sexual Harassment Act in April 2013) to all the universities, advising them to establish a permanent cell /committee and to frame guidelines to combat sexual harassment, violence against women and ragging at the universities and colleges. It has further advised the universities to be proactive by developing a conducive atmosphere on the campus, where the women are respected and they are treated with dignity.
The Supreme Court, which regards sexual harassment as a violation of human rights and as a form of systematic
discrimination against women has issued guidelines to prevent, as well as punish, perpetrators of sexual harassment.
- As per the guidelines of UGC and the Supreme Court, a Committee against Sexual Harassment (SH) / Internal
Complaints Committee (ICC) at PWC has been established to provide a healthy and congenial atmosphere to the
staff and students of the College.
- Patna Women’s College is committed to upholding the dignity of all members of the college community. Sexual
Harassment results in a violation of the fundamental rights of a woman to equality, under articles 14 & 15 of the
Constitution of India and her right to life and to live with dignity under article 21 of the Constitution and right to
practice any profession or to carry on any occupation, trade or business which includes a right to a safe environment
free from sexual harassment.
- In view of this Act, Patna Women’s College seeks to create and maintain an academic and work environment free
of sexual harassment for students, academic and non-teaching staff of the college.
The ICC (SH) is committed to:
- Observing the law on Sexual Harassment
- Sensitizing the campus community on gender issues
- Addressing complaints from victims
The objectives of ICC (SH):
- Prevent discrimination and sexual harassment against women, by promoting gender equality among students and
- Develop the guidelines and norms for a policy against sexual harassment. Work out procedures for combating
sexual harassment and implementation of the policy.
- Make recommendations to the Principal, Patna Women’s College for changes/elaborations in the rules for
students in the prospectus and the Bye-Laws, to make them gender just.
- Lay down procedures for the prohibition, resolution, settlement, and prosecution of acts of discrimination and
sexual harassment against women, students, and employees.
- Deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women in a time-bound manner aiming at ensuring support services to the victim.
- Recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty.
- Prepare a detailed plan of action, both short and long term.
Procedure for Registering Complaints
- If informal methods such as telling the perpetrator to stop harassing do not succeed, the victim can lodge a
complaint through email or by a telephone call to any of the members of ICC (SH).
- The complainant’s name and identity will be kept confidential.
- On receiving a complaint of sexual harassment, if a prima facie case is established by the ICC (SH), then it shall set up an inquiry committee which will submit a report. The committee is bound to keep confidence during the
time of the inquiry. After the report has been finalized, confidentiality will be maintained, if the complainant so
desires, by withholding the complainant’s name and other particulars that would identify him or her. On the basis
of the report, appropriate disciplinary action will be taken against the offender.
- The Committee takes cognizance of complaints about sexual harassment, conducts enquiries, provides assistance
and redressal to the victims, recommends penalties and takes action against the harasser, if necessary.
Activities of ICC (SH) in Patna Women’s College
- The ICC committee has been involved in awareness and sensitization campaigns via lectures, one to one contact
by committee members in each academic year.
- International Women’s Day is being celebrated in March each year with a program of content relevant to the
a community such as lectures by women role models, panel discussions, dramas, plays, skits, a poster competition
- At Patna Women’s College, the ICC Committee, comprising representatives of teachers, students, non-teaching
staff, among others, is responsible for the implementation of the college policy against sexual harassment.
Procedure for Registering Complaints
- All complaints must be brought by the complainant in person to ICC.
- The exception for this will be in cases of forced confinement of the person. If the complainant wishes the person
can be accompanied by a representative.
- Employees can approach the ICC directly.
- A complainant can go directly to the Authorities of PWC. However, in such cases, which should be exceptional,
the complainant should give reasons for doing so.
- The Principal can refer any complaint to ICC.
Office of ICC (SH)
A committee is set to deal with instances of sexual harassment in the college campus.
Members of ICC (SH)
Redressal Committee members of the College.
|Dr. Shefali Roy|
|Dr. Shahla Yasmin|
|Dr. Ameeta Jaiswal|
|Dr. Debjani Sarkar|
|Dr. Smita Kumari|
|Dr. Bhawna Sinha|
|Dr. Sister Celine Crasta A.C.|
Redressal Committee members of the College.
|1.||Dr. Sister M. Rashmi A.C.||firstname.lastname@example.org||9473027965|
|2.||Prof. Shefali Royemail@example.com||9334150655|
|3.||Dr. Surabhi Prasadfirstname.lastname@example.org||9835491550|
|4.||Sister Dipasha A.C.||email@example.com||9430293671|
|5.||Dr. Shobha Shrivastavafirstname.lastname@example.org||9430293671|
|6.||Dr. Aprajita Krishnaemail@example.com||9431632519|
|7.||Dr. Soofia Fatimafirstname.lastname@example.org||7677324067|
|8.||Dr. Ashish Kumaremail@example.com||9708345101|
|9.||Dr. Sister Celine Crasta A.Cfirstname.lastname@example.org||8986070967|
|10.||Ms. K.T. Philomena||NA||9431880617|
|11.||Sister M. Tanisha A.C., Member Secretaryemail@example.com||8987042373|