Highlights of the Department
- Regular lectures by guest speakers on specialized topics.
- Hands-on training in Microbiology & Biochemical Techniques, Mushroom cultivation, Basic Tissue Culture Techniques & Statistical Analysis.
- Regular Seminars & Group Discussions to enhance communication skills.
- Academic Evaluation of students by Terminal Examinations.
- Monitoring of the student’s Experimental skills by Assignments & Annual Projects.
- Exposure trips to various Industries and Research Institutions.
- Development of Computer literacy and Entrepreneurship skills.
- Departmental library with the recent edition of Books & Journal for students reference.
- Well equipped laboratories with tissue culture and instrumentation facilities.
- Active Participation in Cultural Programmes and Extra-Curricular activities.
- Students going for higher studies in reputed institutions of India and abroad.
- Regular Parent-Teacher interaction & feedback from the students.
- Smart Boards are used for teaching and learning purpose.
leadership webinar by dept. of microbiology student.
Department of Microbiology organised a competition on ‘ Microorganisms in Fermented Food ‘ on 14.2.2020 for B.Sc II year students under the Star College Scheme of DBT.
The department of Microbiology organised a two days Workshop on Mushroom Cultivation on 28 th and 29 th of January 2020 for students of B.Sc II year.
Educational visit to Sudha Dairy, Phulwarisharif, Patna on 21.10.19 organised by the Department of Microbiology.
Workshop on Gel Electrophoretic Technique organised by dept of Microbiology on 23.10.2019 and 24.10.2019 under the Star College Scheme of DBT.
- Research projects taken by students under CPE and BSR scheme of UGC and under DBT star college scheme.
- Major thrust area of research are environmental microbiology agriculture microbiology, Enzyme technology, clinical microbiology and Mushroom cultivation.
Hands – on training on basic techniques of Microbiology. organised by the department of microbiology on 25 th and 26 th of September 2019
Guest lecture by Prof M P Trivedi on cytogenetics and crop improvement..organised by the department of Microbiology under the Star college Scheme of DBT on 10.8.19
Mr. Vijay Kumar Mishra