Highlights of the Department
- Top positions achieved by students of the Department in University Examinations.
- Regular monitoring of students through Terminal exams, projects, assignments, presentations etc.
- Students undergo On-the -Job Training in various organizations.
- Faculty support to the students.
- Research Projects taken by students under CPE scheme.
- The Department of Computer Science has been included as one of the Science Departments under the Star College Scheme granted by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India. Under this scheme the department conducts various training programmes and Workshops for the students and teachers to enhance their knowledge base.
- Online Tutorial from IIT Mumbai is conducted for college students under the NMEICT project Talk -to –a- Teacher.
- Parent- Teacher meet.
- A rich departmental library to enhance the teaching -learning process.
- Three Add-on certificate courses are conducted to make the student computer literate, self sufficient and accomplished as per the requirement of the present time.
- Campus Placement for students in companies like WIPRO, TCS etc.
Department of Computer Science (BCA), Patna Women’s College, organized an Alumni Meet on 22nd October, 2022.
The programme started with a welcome song and it was followed up by welcome dance. Then a welcome address was given by Head, Department of Computer Science Ms. Manisha Prasad while Dr. Ameeta Jaisawal, President, Alumni Association and Head, Department of Philosophy spoke about PWC Alumni Association contributions towards the society.
Thereafter, a drama was performed portraying the theme ‘College Life.’ Games like ‘Dumb charades’ and ‘Housie’ were conducted.
The alumni shared pleasant memories and nostalgic moments about the department and college at the time of experience sharing. The noted alumni were felicitated where Ms. Sonam Kumari was felicitated as the most supportive alumni. All the alumni were then presented with a souvenir.
The programme was moderated by Priya Sharan and Priya Vandana. The whole programme was sponsored by Aztech technology, Techpro labz, Sonal enterprises and India Book Centre.The program was concluded by Ms. Renu Kumari with the vote of thanks.
Computer Science Department has four Computer Labs well equipped with more than 100 Computers, Printers, LCD projectors, SmartBoard and Visualizer. The department also houses a Faculty Lab which provides Computing facilities to all the teachers of the college . The departmental library has a collection of more than 1000 books and e-resources to provide optimal learning environment.
Courses At a Glance
1. Bachelor (B.Sc.) in Computer Applications (BCA) –3 years Full time
Under Graduate Degree Course, divided in six semesters under CBCS
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA)- 1 year full
time Post Graduate Diploma Course, divided in two semesters under
Add-on Certificate Courses (College Level)
1. Computer Literacy Programme
2. Web Designing
3. Financial Accounting – Tally