Highlights of the Department
- Top positions achieved by students of the Department in University Examinations.
- Regular monitoring of students through Terminal exams, projects, assignments, presentations etc.
- Students undergo On-the -Job Training in various organizations.
- Faculty support to the students.
- Research Projects taken by students under CPE scheme.
- The Department of Computer Science has been included as one of the Science Departments under the Star College Scheme granted by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India. Under this scheme the department conducts various training programmes and Workshops for the students and teachers to enhance their knowledge base.
- Online Tutorial from IIT Mumbai is conducted for college students under the NMEICT project Talk -to –a- Teacher.
- Parent- Teacher meet.
- A rich departmental library to enhance the teaching -learning process.
- Three Add-on certificate courses are conducted to make the student computer literate, self sufficient and accomplished as per the requirement of the present time.
- Campus Placement for students in companies like WIPRO, TCS etc.
An online Parent Teacher meet was held for semester V students on 30/10/2021 at 5.00 pm in online mode through ZOOM platform. Students along with their parents joined the meeting. The meeting started with a formal welcome speech by the Head of the Department Ms. Manisha Prasad. It was followed by a Powerpoint presentation which gave an insight into the mission, vision and core values of the college. A virtual tour of the department of Computer Science was also shown.
The teachers of the department introduced themselves and shared their feedback on the overall performance of the students. An interactive session with the parents followed by feedback was also conducted.
The meeting concluded with expression of gratitude both by teachers and parents.
The Department of Computer Science organized a PowerPoint presentation competition to commemorate the significant role of women in freedom struggle of India on 14.08.2021.
Topic: Personal Hygiene and COVID – 19 Awareness &Protection Date : 14.03.2021
Teacher Incharge: Ms. Manisha Prasad, Ms. Renu Kumari, Deptt. of Computer Sc.
Training on Image Processing Using OpenCV Date : 15.3.2021 to 17.3.2021
Venue: Department of Computer Science, PWC& Online (Blended mode)
Resource Person: Ms. Anshu & Ms. Renu Kumari, Deptt. of Computer Science, PWC
Topic: Tutorials and Painting Competition Date : 21.03.2021
Venue: Bailey Road, Patna
Teacher Incharge: Ms. Anshu, Ms. Amrita Prakash, Ms. Nimisha Manan, Deptt. of Computer Sc. and students of BCA VI Sem.
Workshop on Network Security: Encryption and Decryption Techniques using Java Programming Date : 23.3.2021 to 27.03.2021
Resource Person: Ms. Amrita Prakash, Ms. Renu Kumari, Deptt. of Computer Science, PWC
webinar attended by Computer Science students
Department of Computer Science organised a Poster Competition for BCA IV Sem students and PowerPoint presentation competition for BCA II Sem and PGDCA II Sem students on the theme JAL JIVAN HARIYALI on 3/03/2020
A guest lecture on ‘Usefulness of Intellectual Property Rights for Students and Teachers ‘ was organised on 14th february 2020 by the Department of Computer SCIENCE under Star College Scheme (DBT) in collaboration with the Institution’s Innovation Council of Patna Women’s College. The Resource Persons were Dr. Parikshit Bansal IP Educator and Ms. Kompal Bansal- Patent Agent.
A model making competition was organised by the Department of computer science on 22rd oct.
A guest lecture was organised on the topic Technology, Innovation and Startup by the Department of computer science on 23rd oct
1. Guest Lecture on “The Golden Ratio-Center of Mass “ in Mother Veronica Hall , PWC on 21.07.18
Lecture delivered by Prof. Vijay A. Singh, National Coordinator, Science Olympiad
2. Hands on Experiment on “Identification of Bacteria Isolated from Computers” in CRL, PWC on 26.10.18 & 27.10.18
Experiment Demonstrated by Mr. Sumeet Ranjan, Scientist-I,CRL,PWC
3. Guest Lecture on “Arduino Programming” in Mother Veronica Hall, PWC on 18.01.19
Lecture delivered by Mr. Saurabh Suman
4. Hands on Workshop on “BLAST for Beginners: An application of Computer to Genome” in Deptt. of Computer Science , PWC on 04.02.19 & 05.02.19
Lecture delivered by Ms. Aarti, Deptt. of IMB, PWC
5. Vigyan Utsav :Science Fest in Patna Women’s College on 15.03.19 & 16.03.19
Model Exhibition on Science Fest
6. Hands on Workshop on “Basics of Networking” in Deptt. of Computer Science PWC on 27.03.19 to 29.03.19
Networking Training given to the students by Mr. Azad Deepak and Mr. Vivek Ranjan
7. Faculty Development Program on Python Programming in Deptt. of Computer Science, PWC from 15.05.2019 to 30.05.2019
8. Training program on Arduino Programming using Arduino UNO kit and various Sensors from 11.07.2019 to 20.07.2019
Computer Science Department has four Computer Labs well equipped with more than 100 Computers, Printers, LCD projectors, SmartBoard and Visualizer. The department also houses a Faculty Lab which provides Computing facilities to all the teachers of the college . The departmental library has a collection of more than 1000 books and e-resources to provide optimal learning environment.
Courses At a Glance
1. Bachelor (B.Sc.) in Computer Applications (BCA) –3 years Full time
Under Graduate Degree Course, divided in six semesters under CBCS
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA)- 1 year full
time Post Graduate Diploma Course, divided in two semesters under
Add-on Certificate Courses (College Level)
1. Computer Literacy Programme
2. Web Designing
3. Financial Accounting – Tally