Phd ( Pursuing) ,UGC NET
BASIC INFORMATION :
|Name : Ms. Divya Gautam|
|Gender : Female|
|Department : Mass Communication|
2021-Till date PhD Research Scholar in Gender and Communication BITS, Pilani
2018- 2020 Junior Research Fellow in Socio-Cultural study of Folk dances CCRT, Ministry of Culture, Government of India
2016-2018 Master in Journalism and Mass Communication and UGC-NET Qualified Nalanda Open University, Patna
2014-2016 Master of Arts in Women’s Studies and UGC-NET Qualified Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Hyderabad Tata Institute of Social Sciences , Hyderabad Master of Arts in Women’s Studies and UGC-NET Qualified Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Hyderabad Tata Institute of Social Sciences , Hyderabad
2011 – 2014 Bachelor in Arts in Mass Communication (College Topper) Patna College, Patna University
2007 – 2009 Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2), Science stream Delhi Public School, Patna
Specialization/Area of Interest:
1. Specialization in Gender and Communication
2. Subaltern Cinema
3. Theatre of Relevance
4. Documentary making
5. Folk and Culture Research Studies
Work Experience in Academics:
1. Assistant Professor (January2021-till date) Department of Mass Communication, Patna Women’s College
2. 6 Month Online Orientation Programme on “How to Approach Research in Social Science? Conceptualization and Methodological Intervention” organized by Savitri Bai Phule P.G Mahavidyalya Sikar Rajasthan).
3. Junior Research Fellow (July2018-July2020), CCRT, Ministry of Culture
4. Guest Faculty at Master in journalism and Mass Communication, Patna University
1. Socio-cultural study of Tribal Folk Dances of Jharkhand
2. Subaltern Masculinities and Gender based Violence in Bhojpuri Music Album
3. A Study on Rise in public visibility of women in Bihar and change in portrayal of women in Regional media
4. Columnist in the major Hindi daily and magazine like Dainik Jagran, Hindustan, Khabar Mantra, I-Next, Rashtriye Sahara, Adhee Zameen.
5. Research Assistant in research and documentation team of book “Jago Mandar Baaja” published by Janchetna Research and Publishing Institute.
Experience in Media professional
1. District Communication Manager (August2020-December2020) – Jeevika BRLPS, Govt of Bihar
2. Young Professional (Knowledge Management and Communication), JSLPS (1st June 2016 – 18 jun2017) Communication nodal of District Khunti, chaibasa and Simdega of Jharkhand
3. Content Developer and Script Writer in Prasar Bharti
4. District Member of Video Vigilance Team (VVT) District Election Commission Jehanabad in Bihar Assembly Election 2020. SVEEP Election Awareness Nodal of Jehanabad
5. Jharkand State Livelihood Promotion Society, Ranchi (1st May – 1st June 2015):
• Documentation of Life Experience: Interviewing successful role model SHG women and video documentation of their work and livelihood, documentation.
• Development of material for news, minutes, pamphlet; banner; E-brochure; development of video footage highlighting the life of SHG women and their struggle. Report on “A Study of Role of women SHG in socio-economic empowerment of women.
6. Experiential Learning: One week exposure visit and observation of institutions of Social Action Committee committee of SERP Government of Andhra Pradesh at Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh.
7. National Workshop (8th – 9th December 2015) on “Media freedom- Gender, Culture and
Politics” at A.N. Sinha Institute of Social Studies, Patna organized by OXFAM India and SAWM, Bihar.
8. Janchetna(Research and Publishing Institute), Ranchi (1st June 2012- 1st August 2012): Worked as Editing assistant in research and documentation team of book “Jago Mandar Baaja”.
9. Assistant Director and Researcher with Next Story film crew in the film “Appan Samachar” produced by Al-Jazeera TV
10. Theatre Artist from Theatre Group Hirawal. Lead artist in many Stage plays and street plays like Jangiram ki Haweli, Mahabhoj, Keertan, Bekhauf Azaadi, Loksabha antyakshri etc
11. Research and Voice Over in documentary films like, Sancho me Dhalti Jindgi, Badlao ki orh,Je Nachi Sehi Bachi
12. After 16th Delhi Gang Rape, performed in more than 20 shows of street play based on the freedom and autonomy of women in slums, universities, streets in Delhi and cities, towns and villages of Bihar.