Dr. Aprajita Krishna
BASIC INFORMATION :
- Name: Dr. Aprajita Krishna
- Gender: Female
- Department: Physics(HOD)
- 1984- Matric (First Division) B.S.E.B., Patna St. Joseph’s Convent Mahendru, Patna
- 1986 – I. Sc. (Second Division) Patna University, Patna Patna Women’s College, Patna
- 1989 – B.Sc. (First Division) Patna University, Patna
- 1996 – M.Sc. (First Division) Patna University, Patna
- 2000 – PGDCA (First Division) NIIT, Patna
- 2009 – Ph.D., V.K.S. University
- Overall, 21 Years of Teaching Experience in the field of Physics,Computer & Research Activities.
- Postgraduate teaching in Physics from 2010, PG Dept. of Physics, P.U. and Patna Women’s College
- Organized National & International Seminars, Symposiums, Workshops, Awareness programs, hands on training, etc.
- Principal Investigator –Major Project DST, RUSA, DBT.
- Attended International and National Seminars.
- Presented Research papers in International & NationalSeminars.
- Demonstrated Communication and Collaborative skills through teaching and researchexperience.
- High achiever throughout academic and Professionalcareer.
- Guided Undergraduate Research Projects.
- Dean Science Head UG Department of Physics-2019–till date
- Head PG Department of Physics-2020–till date
- Dean National and International Collaborations and Consultancy- 2018 – till date
- Coordinator Star College Scheme2018- till date Nodal Officer- RUSA- I- 2018 – till date
- Nodal Officer- RUSA- II-2018 – till date
- Chief Scientist, CRL, Patna Women’s College- 2016 – till date
- Nodal officer, Community College of Patna Women’s College-2016-2019
- Head of Dept. of Computer Science, Patna Women’s College2001-2013
- Team Lead For Attaining Autonomy For Patna women’s College First College to get this status
- Presented Bihar For RUSA Funding at Ministry of Education Govt Of India
- Presented and Mentored Colleges of Bihar to apply for Star College SchemeDBT
- Preparation of report for State NAAC Committee
- Preparation of Annual report of NAAC Accreditation for 100 College of Bihar on the initiative of His Excellency, Governor of Bihar
- Worked activity for the NAAC Accreditation of Patna Women’s College, College AccreditedA Grade. CPE status accorded by U.G.C.
- Worked activity for the NAAC Re-accreditation of Patna Women’s College, College Accredited– AGrade.
- Preparation IQAC report of Patna Women’s College every year from 2004 to till date.
- Preparation of Annual Report of Patna Women’s College, Patna from 2004 tilldate.
- Preparation of Report for U.G.C. and Patna University, Patna as perrequirement
- Report of Patna Women’s College submitted to the Ministry of Human
- Resource Department, Government of India for the “Gurukul Jyoti Award”. On the Basis of this report Collegereceived Gurukul Jyoti Award ProfessionalSkills. Established EDUSAT Network Resource Centre in Department of Computer Science, Patna Women’s College, Patna.1 st Center to be established in Bihar.
- Coordinator in Website Designing and launching of Patna University, Patna
Colleges Mentored to Apply for DBT Star College: –
- A.N. College and Patna Science College (Both of these colleges got the Star scheme)
- Patna Science College, Patna
- A.N. College, Patna
- Ganga Devi College, Patna
- Commerce College, Patna
- R.D. & D.J. College, Munger
- Jamalpur College, Jamalpur
- J.D. Women’s College
- PrernaShrota Award” by “Let’s Inspire Bihar Campaign- 2023”
- Institutional Leadership Award for Excellence in the filled of Education for theyear 2019- 2020 awarded by Patna Women’s College Autonomous.
- Best Researcher Award – Patna Women’s College,2018.
- Selected in Young Indian Scientist Colloquium by TIFR Mumbai,2009.
- Distinguished Service for Women Education, Rotary Club, Patna. Award presented byHon’ble Minister, Dept. of Health, Govt. of Bihar.
Selected by International Profiles of Accomplished Leader by American Biographical Institute. INC in the year2007
- Best Teacher Award by Femina Lions Club, Patna on Teacher’ Day 2012.
RESEARCH FUNDING AND AWARDS
- 2018-2020 – Star College Scheme- Rs 2 crore 23lakhs
- 2018-Tilldate RUSA-I- Rs 2crore, RUSA-II- Rs 5 crore
- 2013-2016 – Major Project Entitled ‘Spectroscopic Characterization of Ashokan Pillarsin India.’ (Sanctioned), Sponsored by: WOS-AScheme, Dept. of Science and Technology, Government of India. Amount Sanctioned: – Rs. 25,10,000/
- 2012-2014 – Minor Project Entitled ‘Structure and Electrical Properties of BZT Ceramics. Sponsored by – University Grants Commission. Amount Sanctioned: Rs. 1,60,000/
- Dr. Aprajita Krishna :3 D Mapping and Material Testing of Heritage sites of Bihar Kesariya Stupa Explore – Journal of Research ISSN 2278 – 0297 (Print) ISSN 2278 – 6414 (Online), January, 2022.
- Dr. Aprajita Krishna and Devam Priya, BATAR: The Weather, Issue 8, 2020, Pg no. 11- 13, Noise: A Scientific Analysis as Environmental Pollutant.
- International Journal of Multidisciplinary Approach & Studies ISSN No: 2348- 537X, Topic: Foreign Pilgrims to Bodh Gaya: Historical Prospective November-2014
- International Conference paper 20th November- 2013, Characterization of Archaeological artifacts thorough Emission spectroscopy and ZRD, ISBN: 978-93- 81212-48-6
- Dr. Aprajita Krishna and Dr Rajiv Kumar: Alternative ArgumentsISBN 978-93- 90232-85-7 Mapping and Spectroscopic characterization of Ashokan pillar in Bihar and Influence of Roman Architecture on AshokanPillars
- Dr. Aprajita Krishna: Super Hydrophobicity of Lotus plant Explore –Journal of Research ISSN 2278-0297(Print) ISSN 2278-6414(online), Vol. X. 2018
- Publication-Spectrum- Scaling Laws for Semiconductor Quantum Dots. Vol 1. No.1-4 2008- 2009
BOOKS/ CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
Dr. Aprajita Krishna, “Book on Internet of Things and Wireless Sensor Networks” published byAmazon- 2022
• Chapter in book on “New Horizons of Biological Sciences: Advantages and challenges” Rajesh Publications, New Delhi-110002 in2020
• Editor – Book as module for Computer Literacy Programme- 2012
• Editor – Souvenir for UGC Seminar on Nanoscience andTechnology -2008.
• Digital Launching of Carrer Hub in Patna Womens College ByHonble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 3rd February 2019
• Team Lead For attaining Autonomous Status for Patna Women’s College during 2016-2018
• Compiled Concept Note on New Education Policy 2020For Bihar Jharkhand and Orissa
• During Corona wave continuously provided 50 Food packets Daily for elderly home patients
• Social work for Health workers during Corona Waves
Compiled Concept note for National Education Policy 2020 for Bihar Jharkhand and Orrisa
• Starting Choice Based Credit system CBCS based UG and PG Program in Physics
• Setting up of Nano-Science Research Lab for Department of Physics, Patna Women’s College, Patna.
• Pollution Analysis Research Lab for Department of Chemistry, Patna Women’s College.
• Designed Syllabus for Community Colleges of Bihar on the Initiative of HRD Govt. of Bihar.
• Setting up of Computer Lab with Pentium 4 Computers for under Graduate students
•Setting up of networking of 150 computers for Department of Computer Science, Patna Women’s College.
• Establishing Lab for Bachelor of Mass Communication.
• Establishing Lab having Broad band Facility. Started Department of Mathematics in Patna Women’s College, P.U.
• Started Department of Statistics in Patna Women’s College, P.U
• Department of Mathematics in Patna Women’s College, P.U.
• Planned for starting Department of MCA in Patna Women’s College, P.U
Resource Person in UGC- HRDC “Refresher Course as Faculty Induction Program held on 22nd January 2022” Patna University
• Resource Person for International Confluence 2021 Organized By St Aloysious College, Jabalpur
• Topic: Biophysics
• Resource Person for Seminar organized By Sophia College Ajmer Topic: Interference of Physics with Biology
• Speaker on “Effective Tools for Interdisciplinary Research &Scientific Presentation” Government Polytechnic Darbhanga on 08.09.2020
• Resource Person in UGC- HRDC “Refresher Course in Physics” Department of Physics, Patna University on23.01.2020.
• Resource Person in Outreach Programme Industrial training at airport Patna on16.11.19
• State level “Niyojan Mela-2009” organized by Dept. of Labour & Employment, Govt of Bihar.
Topic: “Empowerment of Women through Vocational Education”.
“Sapno ko chalichhoone” organized by Jagran Pahel Date: 25th Nov 2009.
Topic: “Women Empowerment through Information Technology.”
• Resource Person for Awareness and Computer Literacy Programme for Bihar Police.
• IT classes of Mother Veronica Devlopment Scheme are taken by the Faculty members of the Department of Computer Science. – Coordinator
• A Guest Lecture on “Awareness on Breast Cancer” organized by Punjabi Biradari in collaboration with Mahavir cancer Sansthan with Shri Shatrughan Sinha (Film Actor) at Lala Lajpat RaiBhawan.
• A Guest Lecture on “Nanotechnology” organized by Mahavir Cancer Sansthan.
• A Guest Lecture on ‘Awareness on Breast Cancer’ organized by Magadh Mahila College in collaboration with Mahavir Cancer Sansthan on 14th July,2012.
• UGC Sponsored National Seminar on ‘Application of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology’ organized by the Dept. of Physics, Patna
Women’s College, Patna University on 12thSeptember, 2008. – (OrganizingSecretary)
• National Symposium on ‘Ehics in Science and Technology’ organized by Science Departments on 22nd August,2009. – (Joint
• A UGC Sponsored Workshop on ‘INFLIBNET Awareness Workshop for Colleges of Bihar’ organized by the Dept. of Computer Science, Patna Women’s College, Patna University on 18th February, 2011–(Convenor).
• UGC sponsored National Symposium on ‘Emerging Trends in Material Science (ETMS 2011)’ organized by the Dept. of Physics and the Dept. of Computer Science, Patna Women’s College, Patna University in collaboration with the PG. Dept. of Physics, Patna University on 27thSeptember, 2011. – (Organising Secretary)
|1||Material Science, Technology
& Society, MSTS 2020
|2||FDP on “Creating Tech- Savvy Teachers for future classrooms||06.06.2020 –
|St. Teresa’s Institute of Education, Santacruz, Mumbai|
National Webinar on Taming he Dragon- A Holistic Review of India- China Ties
|Department of Political Science, Sophia Girls’ College (Autonomous)
, Ajmer (Rajasthan)
|4||International Webinar on Food and Well Being Challenges of the 21st Century (A fit body, a calm mind, a house full of love)||17.07.2020 &
|Department of Home Science and Psychology, Sophia Girls’ College (Autonomous)
, Ajmer (Rajasthan)
and Historic preservation
|6||Digital Leadership Course,
Part 1: Online Learning workshop for faculty.
|7||FDP on “Inclusive Procedures and Processes in Assessment and Accreditation by NAAC”||30.06.2020 –
Joseph’s College, Autonomous,T iruchirappally
- Inter College Debate
- National Coordinator for Scientific Symposium Organized by Department of Science & Technology Govt of Bihar, 2006, 2007 &
- National Science Day Celebrations Programme Coordinator from 2002 to till
- Series of events regarding Celebration of International year of Physics, 2005 Programme Coordinator.
- Quiz contest Organized by the Department of
- Inter-College Essay
- Inter-College PowerPoint Presentation of Patna University,
- Quiz Contest, Patna Women’s College,
- Inauguration of Computer faculty Center at Patna Women’s College,
- Talk on Data Warehousing and Data
- Inauguration of Computer Labs.
- Website Display of Patna Women’s College,
- Inauguration of “world@hand” Broadband Internet Faculty at Patna Women’s College,
- A Guest Lecture on ‘e-Library American Centre’ organized by the Department of Computer Science, Patna Women’s College on 07.2012.
Participants: BCA – II, Session : 2011-2014 PGDCA SEM – I, Session : 2012-2013
- Computer Literacy Programme for Students organized by the Department of Computer Science, Patna Women’s College from 22.08.2012 to 10.2012.
- Credit Based Add-on Certificate Science, Patna Women’s College from 22.09.2012 to 26.01.2013.
- G.C. for National Seminar on the basis of which, was appointed the “Organizing secretary for National Seminar on Applications of Nano-science and Nano- technology held in 2008.”
- Coordinator for National Science Day celebration event from 2005 to till
- Coordinator of Dept. Of Computer Applications for Patna University, Patna during 2002- 2005.
- Head Dept. of Computer Science, Patna Women’s College, Patna from 2001 to
- Organizing secretary for National Symposium and Seminars sponsored by UGC
• Member, New Education Policy PatnaUniversity 2021
• State NAAC Committee RUSA Govt. OfBihar 2021
• Secretary Board Of studies for UG and PG program Of Physics Patna Women’sCollegeAutonomous
• IQAC Internal Quality Assurance Cell by U.G.C., Patna Women’sCollege.
• Member of Indian ScienceCongress.
• Board Member – Bachelor of Computer Application, Patna University, Patna.
• Post Graduate Diploma Computer Application, Patna University, Patna.
• Technical Advisory Committee, Patna Women’s College, Patna.
• Annual Report Committee, Patna Women’s College, Patna.
• Expert in Appointment of Computer Analyst Bihar VidhanSabha.
• Member Committee of Bihar Vigyan Congress,2007.
• Member Editorial Board Bihar Vigyan Congress,2007.
• Member Purchase Committee Bihar Vigyan Congress,2007.
• Member of Indian Association of PhysicsTeachers.
• Member on Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC).
• Member of Report Committee Annual Report of Indian Science Congress.
• Dept. of Science and Technology, Government ofBihar.
• Member of Committee in Jagdam College,Chapra.
• Member of Committee in Magadh Mahila College,Patna.
• Member of Committee in Mahavir Cancer Sansthan,Patna
• Member of Committee in Patna Science College, Patna
Specialization on Non-invasive Technique of archeological artifacts and monuments
This is a comparatively new branch of Physics an interdisciplinary branch for Research Integrating History with Physics; This is a multidisciplinary approach showing the successful merging of Social Science with Natural Science. A Historical Process expressed in Physics language is the time development of a subset of whole system that happened during a time period of interest in the part. History is therefore a study of modeling of economics evolutionary and social
Aim of the Project of Spectroscopic Analysis
The project aims at tracing the history of Ashokan Pillars in India on the basis of archeological remains discovered so far. The project will combine history with physics. It will have an application of State-ofArt cutting edge Technology.
For the first time Scientist Research on Ashokan Pillars was made on the basis Spectroscopic analysis. The analysis was based on invasive method i.e. X-Ray Diffraction XRD. Transmission Electron Microscopy TEM, Scanning Electron Microscopy SEM analysis on
composition of the material used in the Pillars. Noninvasive technique i.e. X-Ray Florescence method was used to get an insight of the Maurya Polish used on the pillars.
Objective of this Project
- Objective of this Project
I. To Preserve Historical monuments and highlight the protection of
cultural monuments art& antiquity.
II. To introduce a new field for research in an interdisciplinary
manner. Presently relating history with science, particularly
III. To get an insight to the material science of the historical objects.
IV. To provide technicality for the use of material in
preservation of monuments by Archaeological
Department, Govt. of India.
V. To provide a new interdisciplinary platform for researchers to explore
other historical monuments.Context to Bihar
Bihar being the center of learning in ancient India and major historical
remains of International & National importance issituated in Bihar. This
project finds much importance in the context of Bihar. At present our work
is relating to monuments of Ashokan period special emphasis on Ashok
pillar. More recent we got permission to do analysis of Mahabodhi Temple
which has International importanceMy Collaborators
1. NPL – NewDelhi
2. Indira Gandhi Center for Arts, NewDelhi.
3. National Museum, NewDelhi.
7. Department of Physics, B.H.U.
8. Department of Physics, Allahabad
Recent outcome of the Project
1. Permission obtained to do Material investigation of Mahabodhi
Temple Bodh Gaya.
2. Material Characterization of Ashokan Pillars at Vaishali and
ArerajCompleted in I.I.T Delhi.
3. Traced the origin of the Pillar.
4. Traced the Gangetic Plane and Change of Course of ganga
Research Projects Guided
SI. No. Projected Name Sponsored By 1. Material Characterization of Munger Fort Star College Scheme DST Patna Women’s College, Patna 2. A study of Comparative analysis of monuments and buildings from ancient era Star College Scheme DST Patna Women’s College, Patna 3. THE STUDY OF EXCAVATED MATERIALS OF KESARIYA
Star College Scheme DST Patna Women’s College, Patna 4. UNFOLDING MYSTERY:A SIGHT OF AWE CPE project Patna Women’s College, Patna 5. Characteristics of Metriote CPE project Patna Women’s College, Patna 6. BODHI TREE: SCIENTIFIC PERSPECTIVE ON ROOTS OF WISDOM AND BRANCHES OF
CPE project Patna Women’s College, Patna 7. “Measurement of Noise Pollution Level” at Income Tax Golumber, Patna Pollution Control Board, Bihar & Patna Women’s College, Patna 8 “Water Logging in Rajendra Nagar,
Bihar Rajya Jal Parishad, Urban Development, Govt. of Bihar & Patna Women’s College, Patna
“Study of Magenetic of Black Box” Patna Women’s College Department of Physics, Patna Women’s College, Patna
“Trends: Career Option or Higher Studies” in Colleges of Patna
Department of Computer Application, Patna Women’s College, Patna
“Estimation of size of Oil Molecules”
|Department of Physics, Patna Women’s College, Patna|
“Comparative study of Notie Pollution and Water Quality:A case Study”
Department of Physics, Patna Women’s College, Patna
|“Structural and optical properties of ZnS Nanoparticles”||Department of Physics, Patna Women’s College, Patna|
|“A study of Application of e-Governance in Bihar”||Department of Computer Science, Patna Women’s College, Patna|
|“Synthesis and Characterization of Mn2+ doped Zn S Nanoparticle||Department of Physics, Patna Women’s College, Patna|
“Arising a Silicon Valley in Bihar”
|Department of Computer Science, Patna Women’s College, Patna|
|17.||3d mapping and Material Characterization of Buddhist sites of Bihar.||CPE Scheme, Patna Women’s College, Patna.
|18.||Scientific study of material found in Agam Kuan and Abhishek Pushkaran.||CPE Scheme, Patna Women’s College, Patna.
|19.||Scientific study of the remains found in Kumhrar.||BSR Scheme, Patna Women’s College, Patna.
|20.||Characterization of Kabartal Wetland||DBT scheme, Deptt. of Physics, Patna Women’s College, Patna
Conference Paper Presented:
- International Paper Presented : –
|Sl.No.||Title of the Paper||Place||Year||Sponsered by|
Synthesis and characterization of ZnS Nanocrystals.
|Recent Trends in Life Sciences Vinoba Bhave University,
DST, CSIR, UGC
- National Paper Presented
|Sl. No.||Name of the Conference||Place||Year||Sponsored by|
|Research Proposal on
‘Spectroscopic Analysis of Ashokan Pillars in India’
|C.R. Rau Mathematical
|‘Women in Science’ on ‘Gender Bias in Science and Engineering : Remove the Road Bloack, Indian
Magadh Mahila College, Patna
UGC Sponsored 2 day Conference
|3.||J.C. Bose : A glimpse||Jagdam College,
|4.||“Water Logging in Rajendra Nagar
|2007||Dept. of Science &
|“Women’s Economic Empowerment through information & Comm.Tech.
B.N. College, Patna
|Nalanda Open University, Bihar|
|“Development Constaints in Paving information Super Highway in
|Nalanda Open University, Bihar||
|Nalanda Open University, Bihar|
|7.||“Students Participation in Quality
Enhancement in Higher Education”
|2006||UGC and NAAC,
International Seminars Attended : –
|Sl. No.||Name of the Conference||Place||Year||Sponsored by|
|1.||International Conference on Recent
Trends in life sciences
|2.||“Opto School 2008”||TIFR,
|3.||“International Standardization of
Centre, New Delhi
National Seminars Attended: –
|Sl. No.||Name of the Conference||Place||Year||Sponsored by|
|1.||“National Science Congress”||Planetarum, Patna Bihar||2007||Dept. of Science &
|2.||“Social Well-being & Human
|B.N. College, Patna||2006||U.G.C.|
|3.||“Development Constants in
|Nalanda Open University, Bihar||2006||Nalanda Open University, Bihar|
|“Students Participation in Quality Enhancement in Higher
|5.||“Cultivation of Aromatic Plants
|6||“Khadi & Village Industries: A
|Patna Women’s College,
|2005||Patna Women’s College, Patna|
|7.||“All India I.T. Conference”||S.P. Mukerjee
|“I.T. & E-learning ”||Hotel Chankya, Patna||2004||I.I.B.M.|
Saikat Guha, MIT, USA.
|Science College, Patna||2004||Science College, Patna|
|“Popularization of Science” By Dr. H.C. Verma,
Science College, Patna
|10||“Vedic & Speed Mathematics ”||Science College, Patna||2003||Science College, Patna|
|12.||“Tertiary Level Teaching