Dr. APRAJITA SINGH
M.Sc. , Ph.D
- Name: Dr. APRAJITA SINGH
- Gender: Female
- Department: Zoology
- Post Graduate in Life Science (Zoology) and Doctorate in Aquaculture Passed out from Notre Dame Academy, Patna
- Secured 1st position in the B.Sc. Zoology in Patna University in the year 2004.
- Secured 1st position in the M. Sc. Zoology in Patna University in the year 2006-07
- Awarded 1st prize in the Science exhibition on National Science Day in 2005.
- Awarded 2nd prize for seminar on effect of recent Tsunami on the marine life.
- Represented the Patna Science College in the state level quiz competition on Environmental issues.
- Have done specialization in Environmental Science during the postgraduation.
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office and WINDOWS. Comfortable with Microsoft word, Microsoft excel, MS PowerPoint and basic knowledge of MS Access. Web browsing is the favourite time activity.
Research Association and field works:
- Ph.D. in Aquaculture (Life Science) from Tripura Central University, Agartala.
- Worked as Research fellow in the project entitled “Improvement of Reproductive Performance and Larval rearing of an endangered fish species of North-East, Ompok bimaculatus through nutritional approaches” sponsored by DST, New Delhi in Tripura University.
- Presented paper on “Climate Change and Gender” at an International Seminar.
- Presented paper on “Aorichthys aor (Hamilton, 1822): Habitat Finger Printing” at the National Seminar.
- Participated in Workshop on “Environmental Hazards and Electronic Waste”
- Research paper published on: “Effects of physico-chemical characters of freshwater river Feni of Tripura, India on the density of Sperata a or (Hamilton, 1822): a step for Species conservation “
- Research paper published on Effect of different doses of induced hormone on captive breeding of Sperata aor (Hamilton, 1822)
- Research paper published on Length-weight relationship, Sexual distribution and Condition factor of Sperata aor (Hamilton, 1822) from Feni river, Tripura, India
- Research paper published on Biology and Fishery of Sperata aor: A Commercially Important Catfish
- Presented paper in National Conference on “Women facing global challenge in aquaculture”
- Paper presented in International Conference on “Gender and Aquaculture”
- Paper presented in national webinar on “Road Map for Wildlife Conservation and use of Technologies”
- Paper presented in National Webinar on “Fish Cell Line: Development, Characterization and Applications”
- Paper presented in National Webinar on “Gene editing – Nobel recognition for CRISPR”
- Paper presented in National Webinar on “Structural Biology and Bioinformatics in Translational Research”
- Paper presented in National Webinar on “Biofloc Technology for Effluent Management and Sustainability in aquaculture”
- Presented paper on Aquaculture in National Seminar on Biodiversity of NorthEast India Hotspot: Science and Society Perspective.
- Conducted survey & data collection on epidemiological survey in Patna Science College on Diabetes.
- Contributed in implementation & monitoring of low cost technology and input based pisciculture in Dhalai district through Self Help Groups (SHGs).
- Acted as the Master resource person for the training of SHGs engaged in pisciculture activities organized by District Rural Development Agency, Dhalai between 4th March’13 to 16th March’13.
- Acted as the Mater resource person for the training programme organized by the UBI, Rural Self Employment Training Institute (RSETI), Dhalai during 18th June’13 to 23rd June’13.
- Acted as the Master resource person for the training programme of Panchayet officials on income generating activities organized by the District Administration, Dhalai during 02nd July’12 to 27th July’12.
- Acted as the Master resource person for the training programme of village level functionaries on organized by the District Administration, Dhalai during 02nd November’12 to 15th November’12.
- Have been involved as an expert on Natural resource management, particularly Income generating activities through land and water based activities in Indo-German Development Cooperation project (IGDC) being implemented in Dhalai and North Tripura Districts.
Successfully completed training courses in:
❖ “Management of Training” sponsored by DOPT, GOI
❖ “Training Need Analysis” sponsored by DOPT, GOI
❖ “Mentoring Skills” sponsored by DOPT, GOI
❖ “Facilitation Skills” sponsored by DOPT, GOI
❖ “Direct Trainer Skills” sponsored by DOPT, GOI
Work exposure & experience:
❖ Three years of teaching experience in Patna Women’s College in the Zoology Department.
❖ Two years of teaching experience in Community College in Patna Women’s College in Environmental studies.
❖ Faculty and consultant at the State Institute of Public Administration and
Rural Development (SIPARD), A.D. Nagar, Agartala on following subjects:
➢ Natural Resource Management 4
➢ Environmental Issues & Global warming
➢ Wild Life Management
➢ Sensitization of Environment and Sustainable development
❖ Worked as Assistant Professor in State Institute of Public Administration and Rural Development Agartala, Tripura in Environmental Science and Disaster
❖ Organized 22 no of training programmes involving 649 participants on different subjects mainly on Disaster management, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Issues, Watershed Management, Low cost disaster resistant housing technology, Solid waste management, First aid, Climate change, Global warming and Energy crisis etc.
❖ Took more than 80 sessions as a resource person on above issues and also on Swachh Bharat, Constitutional provision for women, Domestic violence and child abuse, Gender issues, Communication skills, Rural development etc
❖ As a nodal officer, Disaster Management of the ATI, prepared the Disaster management plan for the ATI.
❖ Reviewed the Disaster Management Plans of other departments/Organizations received through Revenue department. They are:
1) Tripura State Electricity Corporation Limited (TSECL)
2) Directorate of Social Welfare and Social Education
3) Prisons Directorate
4) Cooperative Societies
5) Directorate of Land Records and Settlement
6) Department of Science, Technology and Environment
❖ Worked as Consultant and Resource person for Transformation of Aspirational District Programme in Gaya from May 2018 to December’20.
❖ Worked as a Career and Personality Development counsellor for teachers and Students in North East.
❖ Currently working in Patna Women’s College Patna.