Dr. Chinmayee Mohanty
MA, NET, Ph.D
Vidwan ID – 361139
ORCID ID – 0000-0002-1470-0900
BASIC INFORMATION :
Name: Dr. Chinmayee Mohanty
Designation: Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology, Patna Women’s College
Date of Joining: 1st July 2022
- Sociological theory
- Gender Identity, Exclusion and Education
- School Education
- M phil. Sociology 2015 (JNU)
- PhD Sociology 2020 (JNU)
- UGC-NET 2014
- Life membership in Indian Sociological Society (ISS). (Life Membership from October 3, 2022 to onwards).
- Socio-economic Factors of Dropout in Primary Education: A case study of Odisha, In K M Baharul Islam and Mohd Anas Raushan (Eds.), 2017. Educational Policy Reforms: National Perspectives (pp.9-25), Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt Ltd, New Delhi. ISBN: 978-93-86250-10-0.
- Social Exclusion and Discrimination: A case Study of Dalit in school in India, Research Explorer, 5 (15), pp. 88-92, July-December 2017, ISSN: 2250-1940(print), 2349-1647 (online), Indian Academic Research Association.
- Dropout in Primary Education: A Case Study of Odisha, International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews, 5 (4), pp.309-314, 2018 ,October-December, ISSN: 2348-1269 (online), ISSN: 2349-5138 (print)
- Employment Status of SC and ST Women in India, SSRG International Journal of Economics and Management Studies, 10(3), pp.-11-15, March 2023, ISSN: 2393-9125
- Presented a Paper on “Education and Gender Identity: A Case Study of Secondary School in Odisha”, in 47th All India Sociological Conference, Hundred Years of Sociology in India: Exploring Trajectories for the Future, 20th-22nd December, 2022, University of Science & Technology Meghalaya.
- Presented a Paper on “Urban Flood in India” in International Web Conference on Understanding Urban Ecosystem and Moving Towards Sustainability, 22nd to 24th August, 2022, Department of Geography, Patna Women’s College, Patna, India.
- Presented a Paper on “Gender Inequality in Employment Participation among Social Groups of India”, in 62 Labour Economics Conference, 11-13 April 2022, IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India.
- Presented a paper on “Education, Social Exclusion and Discrimination of Dalit in India” in PhD Research Scholar Seminar-2018, 1- 2 February, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Presented a Paper on Social Exclusion and Discrimination of Dalit in India: A case study of Dalit student in Contemporary Period in National Seminar on Public Policy, Governance and Development in India: Issues and Challenge-2016, 23-24th Rajasthan Central University, Rajasthan
Seminar/Workshop/Summer Programme Attended
- Participated in 60 hour summer programme on “English for Academic writing: From synopsis to thesis writing” organized by the linguistic Empowerment cell, JNU, 27th May 2013 to 14th June 2013.
- Participated in one week programme on “Qualitative Methods in Social Sciences: Ethnography, Narratives and Social stories”, held in Council for Social Development, New Delhi, 11th March to 15th March, 2019.
- Participated in the e-workshop on “Research Grant Proposal Writings”, organized by Pharmastate Academy, 13th December 2020.
- Participated in the AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy online Faculty Development Programme on Capacity Building from 2020-12-14 to 2020-12-18 at NIT, Patna.
- 10 Day online programme on Parametric Testing from 25th September to 4th October 2022 organized by Indian Teacher Education Community.