Dr. Garima Kumari
BASIC INFORMATION :
- Name: Dr. Garima Kumari
- Gender: Female
- Department: Department of Social Work
Work Experience :
- Worked as an intern in Janak Samiti on “Gender and Social Mobilisation”, supervised by Project officer from UNDP Varanasi from 18 August 2010 to 3 December 2010.
- Worked as an intern in Janak Samiti on “Social Welfare Policies and NGO Management” by Project officer from UNDP Varanasi from 02 January 2011 to 30 march 2011.
- Field work training programme and field exposures as an intern on the issue of Women Economic Empowerment and Child Related Activities in Human Welfare Association, Varanasi from 05 September 2011 to 09 April 2012.
- JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP awarded by UGC.
- SRI VENKATSWARYA PRIZE (Socio- Psychological Gerontology) for presenting paper “THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LEISURE ACTIVITIES AND QUALITY OF LIFE OF THE ELDERLY IN INDIA” at 17th Biennial Conference of Association of Gerontology, India (AGI) & International Conference on Engaging and Empowering the Elderly ( ICEEE 2014) at Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, September 15 -16 2014.
- PROFESSOR RADHA KAMAL MUKERJI MEMORIAL AWARD for young social scientists at All India Conference of the Indian Social Science Association held on February 10-11, 2017 at BHU, Varanasi.
Research & Publications :
- Chapter in a book titled, “Ageing through the Ages: From past to Present and Future” with ISBN No 978-81-7192-120-1.
- Research article in “International Journal of Current Multidisciplinary Activities”, vol 2, Issue 11.
- Research article “Determinants of Child Malnutrition in Uttar Pradesh, India” inArthaVijnana: Journal of the Gokhle Institute of Politics and Economics.
- Research article “Challenges Before Ageing Population in India” in Scholarly Research Journal for Humanity, Science & English Language
- Research article “Prevalence and Correlates of Falls among Elderly Population: A Study of Urban Varanasi, India” in Scholarly Research Journal for Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Research article “Physical Health and Perceived Social Support: A Study of Elderly in Urban Varanasi, India” in Scholarly Research Journal for Humanity, Science & English Language.