M.Sc, Ph. D
Vidwan – ID : 358180
BASIC INFORMATION :
- Name: Dr. Neetu
- Gender: Female
- Department: Zoology
Work Experience :
- Engaged classes in Department of Zoology, Science College, Patna (July 2019 – February2020) as Research Scholar.
- Worked in Ganga Action Plan and other projects in Environmental Biology Laboratory, Department of Zoology, Patna University, Patna (since 2009 to July 2016) as Research Scholar.
- Engaged classes in Environmental Science and Management,Department of Zoology, Patna University, Patna (July 2007- October 2014) as Resource Person.
|1.||Ph. D||–||Patna University||2012||–|
|3.||Post Graduation (M. Sc.)||–||B.R.Ambedkar Bihar University, Muzaffarpur||2006||63%|
|M.D.D.M. College Muzaffarpur||B.R.Ambedkar Bihar University, Muzaffarpur||2002||72.5%|
|5.||12th||S P College, Dumka||B.I.E.C. Patna||1997||71%|
|6.||10th||Balika Vidyapeeth, Lakhisarai, Munger||C.B.S.E.||1995||69%|
- (E) TITLE OF THE THESIS: Ecosystem oriented approach towards development of fisheries in a ‘Sewage-fed pond’ at Pahari, Patna(F) Major Fields of study, Teaching and Research :
Ecology, Biodiversity, Animal Behaviour, Biochemistry and Developmental Biology. Research related to ecology of aquatic ecosystem especially pond ecosystem, heavy metals in field and microplastics in food and living organisms.
(G) Further Research Interest:
Microplastics and human health
(H) Project Experience
Project under Seed Money for Faculties on “Detection of Chromium concentration in Labeo rohita and Clarias batrachus collected from local fish markets of Patna, Bihar”
(I) Research Guidance:
Details of M.Sc Dissertation
- Astha Singh, Roll No. 20PZO02143, Session- 2020-2022. Topic- “Bioaccumulation of Heavy metals Chromium (Cr) and Lead (Pb) in different organs of Clarias batrachus collected from fish markets of Patna.”
- Sristi Sonam, Roll No. 20PZO02161, Session- 2020-2022. Topic- “Accumulation of chromium (Cr) and lead (Pb) in tissues of Rohu fish (Labeo rohita) collected from Fish markets of Patna”
3.Shruti, Roll No. 20PZO02158, Session- 2020-2022, Topic- “Bioaccumulation of heavy metals in brain and muscles of Catla catla collected from fish markets of Patna.”
4.Hasina Praveen, Roll No. 20PZO02144, Session- 2020-2022. Topic “Bioaccumulation of Heavy metals in different organs (Heart, Liver and Gills) of Catla catla collected from different sites of Patna”
Details of Guidance under CPE/ BSR/ DBT Project
1.CPE Project by Swati Kumari(Roll No. 21), Saba Quamer(Roll No. 19) and Swati Kumari(Roll No. 02), Session- 2019-2021Assessment of water quality and zooplankton diversity in selected ponds of Patna
- BSR Project by Komal Patel (Roll No. 40), Shreya Kumari (Roll No. 03) and Chandani Kumari (Roll No. 31), Session- 2021-2023. on “Detection of Microplastics in some food items collected from local markets of Patna”
- DBT Project by Namrata Singh (Roll No. 111), Jyoti Rani (Roll No. 133) and Richa Prakash (168); Session- 2020-2023 on “Effect of herbal mouthwash and its comparative study with synthetic mouthwashes”
(J) RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS:
- Neetu, R.K.Sinha, D.K.Kedia and A.K.Singh (2008). Primary productivity in a sewage fed fish pond at Patna Proceedings The Eighth Indian Fisheries Forum, Kolkata pp 233-237
- N.Choudhary, Gopal Sharma, Ajit Kumar Singh, Rahul Rohitashwa and Neetu (2012).Discovery of a New Nesting Colony of Wild Painted Storks in Danapur Cantonment Area, Bihar Newsletter for Birdwatchers 52 (1) pp 4-6
- Ravi Prabhakar, Anupma Kumari, Neetu and Ravindra Kumar Sinha (2019). Impact of Sand mining on zooplankton of River Ganga in and around Patna Environment and Ecology ,Vol. 37 (4A) pp 1301-1308
- Neetu, Anupma Kumari, Dilip kumar Kedia and Ravindra Kumar Sinha (2019). Assessment of benthic macroinvertebrates to assess water quality of treated sewage fed pond at Pahari, Patna Environment and Ecology, Vol. 37 (4A) pp 1380-1389
- Neetu, Anupma Kumari, Ravi Prabhakar, Dilip Kumar Kedia and Ravindra Kumar Sinha (2020). Rotifers abundance, species composition and temporal distribution in a sewage fed fish pond at Pahari, Patna Environment and Ecology, 38 (2)pp 140-151
- Neetu, Sristi Sonam, Astha Singh, Hasina Praveen and Shruti (2022). Determination of Lead (Pb) in Different Organs of Some Edible Fish Collected From Fish Markets of aPatna, Bihar Explore- Journal of Research, Vol. (XIV 2)pp147- 153
- Diversity and abundance of rotifers in a sewage-fed fishpond of Patna, International Symposium on Environmental Pollution, Ecology and Human Health, Organized by Department of Zoology, S.V. University, India on 25-27 July 2009.
- Assessing the status of a sewage-fed pond at Patna with reference to plankton and macro-zoobenthos, International symposium on River Biodiversity Ganges-Brahamputra-Meghna (GBM) River system, Organized by IUCN on 4-6 April, 2014
- Zooplankton diversity of a sewage fed fish pond at Pahari, Patna, Faunal Diversity of Gangetic Plains Ecosystems organized by Zoological Survey of India on 22-23 February 2016
- A comparative study of the zooplankton diversity in selected ponds of Patna Bihar, International conference on Emerging bioscience research for rural and urban development (ICEBRUD) 2021, Organised by Department of Zoology, Patna University, Patna, Bihar, India on 21- 22 December 2021.
- Participated in National Webinar on Understanding Research Ethics : The Principles and Practices on 21st April, 2022 organised by: IQAC, Patna Women’s College (Autonomous), Patna University.
- Determination of Lead (Pb) in different organs of some edible fish collected from fish markets of Patna, Bihar in the Online International conference on Empowering smart future through scientific development and technology, held from 5 – 7 May 2022, organized by the Research Committee and Department of Computer Application (MCA), Patna Women’s College (Autonomous), Patna University.
(L) Faculty Development Programme
- RUSA sponsored Five Day Online Faculty Development Programme on Creating a positive work culture strategy for quality and excellence held from 23rd June to 27th June, 2021; organized by, IQAC, Patna Women’s College (Autonomous), Patna University
- National Webinar on Understanding Research Ethics: The Principles and Practices organized by : IQAC, Patna Women’s College (Autonomous), Patna University on 21st April, 2022
(M) Academic cum Administrative Experience
- In charge of Water Audit under Green Audit
- Co-ordinator, “Promotion of Responsible Action for Youth And Society” (PRAYAS), of Zoology Department from March, 2022 till date.
(N) Contribution to Course Development
Associated with modification of Post- Graduate and Under- Graduate syllabi of Zoology of Patna Women’s College as member of Board of Studies.
Sahity Sammelan Shatabdi samman on 11 August, 2019 by Bihar Hindi Sahitya Sammelan, Agamkuan, Patna
(P) Membership of Academic/ Professional Bodies
- Member, Board of Studies, Patna Women’s College, Autonomous, PU since 2021.