Dr. Pinky Prasad
BASIC INFORMATION :
- Name: Dr. Pinky Prasad
- Gender: Female
- Department: Botany
Work Experience :
- Head of the Department of Botany since August 2016
- Over 20 years of teaching experience
- Completed Major DST Project under Women Scientist Scheme of Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India in March, 2015
- Convenor of National Seminar on “New Horizons of Biological Sciences: Advantages and Challenges” held on 27th and 28th November, 2018, organized by the Department of Botany and the Department of Industrial Microbiology, Patna Women’s College (Autonomous), Patna University in collaboration with The Indian Science Congress, Patna Chapter under Star College Scheme of DBT.
- Organising Secretary of DBT sponsored Vigyan Utsav 2021 on the occasion of National Science Day, at Patna Women’s College, under the aegis of Star College scheme from 28th February to 6th March 2021.
- Have organized various departmental level National Webinars, Workshops, Guest Lectures
- Managing Editor- IRIS – Journal for Young Scientists – ISSN2278-618X (Print); ISSN 2278-6384 (Online): A Peer Reviewed Journal of Basic Scientific Research (BSR)
- Guided over 30 Research Projects of Under Graduate Students at College level under
CPE, BSR and DBT schemes
- Awarded “Institutional Researcher” of the year 2014-2015 by Patna Women’s College
- “New Horizons of Biological Sciences: Advantages and Challenges”, 2020. Eds. Pinky Prasad and Jaya Philip. Rajesh Publications, New Delhi.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS IN INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS:
- Prasad P., Bedi S. and Tanuja, (2011). “Effect of cultural and environmental parameters on growth and cellulase production of Streptomyces species isolated from municipal wastes”. International Journal of Current Research 3(7): 106-111. ISSN: 0975-833X. Impact Factor: 2012 Evaluation pending.
- Prasad P., Bedi S. and Tanuja, (2011). “Comparative assessment of cellulolytic potential of two Streptomyces strains isolated from municipal wastes”. Asian Journal of Science and Technology 1(4): 075-078. ISSN: 0976-3376 (Online).
- Prasad P., Bedi S. and Tanuja, (2012). “Invitro cellulose rich organic material degradation by cellulolytic Streptomyces albospinus (MTCC 8768)”. Malaysian Journal of Microbiology 8(3): 164-169. Impact Factor: 0.087.
- Pinky Prasad, Tanuja Singh, S. Bedi and Sonika Kumari, (2013). “Molecular characterization and phylogenetic analysis of cellulase producing Streptomyces griseorubens (strain St-1) isolated from Indian soil”. Jordan Journal of Biological Sciences 6(3): 239-242. ISSN: 19956673.
- Pinky Prasad, Tanuja and Sheila Bedi, (2013). “Characterization of the cellulolytic enzyme produced by Streptomyces griseorubens (Accession No. AB184139) isolated from Indian soil”. Journal of King Saud University-Science 25: 245-250. Elsevier publication. ISSN: 10183647; H Index: 6.
- Prasad P., Tanuja and Bedi S., (2014). “Characterization of a novel thermophili ccellulase producing strain Streptomyces matensis strain St-5″. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences 3(3): 74-88. Impact Factor: 0.378.
- Prasad, Tanuja and S. Bedi, (2014).” Polyphasic Characterization of A Potential Novel Cellulolytic Bacterium Brevibacillus Brevis Strain St-2”. Journal of Advances in Biotechnology 4(1): 319-326. Impact Factor: 0.74.
- Pinky Prasad, Tanuja Singh and Sheila Bedi (2014). “Enzymatic Screening and Characterization of Cellulolytic Actinomycetes Isolated from Soil samples collected from Patna District in Bihar, India”. International Journal of Current Research and Academic Review 2(10): 60-71. ISSN: 2347-3215.
- Pinky Sinha and Sheila Bedi (2018). “Optimization of parameters and assessment of cellulolytic potential of selected cellulose degraders”.Asian Journal of Science and Technology 9(8):8535-8540. ISSN: 0976-3376 (online).
- Pinky Sinha and Sheila Bedi (2018). “Production of sugars from cellulosic wastes by enzymatic hydrolysis”. International Journal of Current Research 10(8): 72141-72144. ISSN: 0975-833X
- Pinky Prasad, Tanuja and Sheila Bedi (2020). “Comparative Assessment of Endoglucanase Activity of Cellulolytic Bacterial Strains on Untreated and Pretreated Natural Cellulosic Wastes”. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences 9(5): 1974 – 1987
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS IN NATIONAL JOURNALS:
- Prasad, P., Bedi, S. and Tanuja, (2012). “Isolation of efficient cellulose degraders from municipal wastes”. Journal of Indian Botanical Society 91(1-3): 75-82. ISSN: 0019-4468.
- Prasad, Tanuja and Bedi, S., (2013). “Screening and cultural characterization of cellulase producing bacteria”. National Journal of Life Sciences 10(1): 13-18. Print ISSN: 0972-995X; e ISSN: 2321-7960.
- Pinky Prasad, Tanuja, S. Bedi and Satyendra Kumar, (2013). “Comparative characterization of five cellulolytic bacterial strains isolated from soil samples of Patna region in Bihar”. Biospectra 8(2): 5-90. ISSN: 0973-7057.
- Prasad, P., Tanuja and Bedi, S, (2013). “Isolation and characterization of cellulose degrading Brevibacillus brevis and optimization of its cellulase activity at different physico-chemical parameters”. Research Journal of Biotechnology 8(5): 66-71. Impact Factor: 0.143.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS IN IN-HOUSE JOURNALS:
- Have co-authored 20 Research papers published in the Peer reviewed In- house Journals Explore- Annual Research Journal and IRIS – Journal for Young Scientists.
LIST OF PAPERS PRESENTED IN NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES:
- Pinky Prasad, 2007. “Tribal Medicine- A Treasure Trove”. National Seminar on “Prospects of Ethnobotanical Researches in India: Vision 2020 held at Nalanda Open University, Patna on February 24-25, 2007.
- Prasad Pinky, S. Bedi and Tanuja, 2007. “Cellulose Degradation for Sustainable Development”. 2nd Bihar Vigyan Congress held at IGSC-Planetarium on February 26-28, 2007.
- Sonika, Pinky Prasad, S. Bedi and Tanuja, 2011. “Growth adaptability of cellulolytic Streptomyces somaliensis MTCC 8769 and its potential for polyhydroxyalkanoates production”. 52nd Annual Conference of Association of Microbiologists of India (AMI), International Conference on Microbial Biotechnology for Sustainable Development, organized by Punjab University, Chandigarh on November 3-6, 2011.
- Swati, Bedi, S., Prasad, P., and Tanuja, 2011.”Phytochemical screening and antioxidant activity of medicinally important weeds for sustainable development”. 4th International Conference on “Life Science Research for Rural & Agricultural Development [ICLRAD-2011]. Organised by Madhavi-Shyam Educational Trust & International Consortium Of Contemporary Biologists (MSET-ICCB, Ranchi) at Central Potato Research Station (CPRS), Patna on December 27-29, 2011.
- Prasad P., Bedi S., Swati and Tanuja, 2012. “Invitro biodegradation of cellulose by mesophilic actinomycetes”. GENOMICS-2012: National Seminar on “New Frontiers in Environmental Pollutants, Health & Application of Molecular Genetics”. Sponsored by DST, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi, at Mahavir Cancer Institute and Research Centre, Patna, Bihar on January 21-22, 2012.
- Pinky Prasad, 2023. “Plant-generated electricity- A sustainable approach for future”. Science Communicator’s Meet during 108th Indian Science Congress-2023 at Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur on January 5-6, 2023.