Dr. PREMLATA KUMARI
Ph.D., M.Sc., GATE
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-9466-995X
VIDWAN ID- 396400
BASIC INFORMATION :
- Name: Dr. PREMLATA KUMARI
- Gender: Female
- Department: Biotechnology
Area of expertise :
- Mycobiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Gene Maniputaion, Cancer Biology
- Research Associate (RA) – AIIMS, Patna
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (PDRF) – IISER, Berhampur.
- 1st rank holder in the pre Ph.D. Examination in 2018.
- University 1st rank holder in M.Sc. and selected for DST INSPIRE fellowship in2017.
- Qualified Graduate Test of Engineering (GATE-2017).
- Kumari, P., Sahu, S. R., Utkalaja, B. G., Dutta, A., & Acharya, N. (2023). RAD51–WSS1-dependent genetic pathways are essential for DNA–protein crosslink repair and pathogenesis in Candida albicans. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 299(6).
- Peroumal, D., Sahu, S. R., Kumari, P., Utkalaja, B. G., & Acharya, N. (2022). Commensal Fungus Candida albicans maintains a Long-Term Mutualistic Relationship with the Host to Modulate Gut Microbiota and Metabolism. MicrobiologySpectrum,10(5),e02462-22.
- Sahu, S. R., Bose, S., Singh, M., Kumari, P., Dutta, A., Utkalaja, B. G., …& Acharya, N. (2022). Vaccines against candidiasis: Status, challenges and emerging opportunity. Frontiers in Cellular and InfectionMicrobiology,1221.
- Kumari, P., Sundaram, R., Manohar, K., Vasudevan, D., & Acharya, N. (2021). Interdomain connecting loop and J loop structures determine cross-species compatibility of PCNA. Journal of biological chemistry, 297(1).
- Acharya, N., Patel, S. K., Sahu, S. R., &Kumari, P. (2020). ‘PIPs’ in DNA polymerase – PCNA interaction affairs. BiochemicalSocietyTransaction,01-12.
- Peroumal, D., Manohar, K., Patel, S. K., Kumari, P., Sahu, S. R., & Acharya, N. (2019). Virulenceand pathogenicity of a Candida albicans mutant with reduced filamentation. Cellular Microbiology,21(12).
- Acharya, N., Manohar, K., Peroumal, D., Khandagale, P., Patel, S. K., Sahu, S. R., &Kumari, P.(2018). Multifaceted activities of DNA polymerase η: beyond translesion DNA synthesis. Currentgenetics,1-8.
Research Publication (National)
- Chaudhary, A., Kumari, P., Nazish, S., & Haque R. (2022). Modulation of Telomerase Gene in Liver Cancer by Natural Compounds. Journal of Scientific Research, 66(1).
- Kumari, P., Darakshan ., Khan, Z., Swayampriya, S. (2015). Isolation and characterization of phenol degrading bacteria and fungus ued for Bioremediation. Explore Journal,26-31.
- Kumari,P., & Acharya, N. Generation of a genetically engineered live attenuated Candida albicans Indian Patent No. 202231013971-Date of Filing:15/03/2022.
Conferences and Workshops
- Presented oral talk and poster in the 11th International conference on biology of yeast and filamentous fungi entitled “Mechanism of DNA-Protein crosslink repair in the pathogenic yeast Candida albicans” at UoH in 2019,Hyderabad, India.
- Participated in the Symposium on Emerging trends in Biological Sciences Research in 2019, ILS Bhubaneswar, India.
- Attended pre-conference workshop EMSI 2018 on “Microtomy/Ultramicrotomy, staining and imaging techniques” jointly conducted by EMSI and ILS at ILS,BBSR.
- Participated in the 9thAnnual Meeting of Proteomics Society, India (PSI) International Conference on Proteomics in Heath and Diseases, 2017, ILS BBSR, India.
- Presented poster in “2nd national seminar on current trends in life Sciences” in 2017, CUSB, India.
- Participated in 1stinternational conference on Human Implications of Biotechnology, 2016, CUSB,India.
- Research work presentation entitled “Isolation and Characterization of phenol degrading microorganisms used for bioremediation” under the scheme of UGC in 2015.