Dr. ROSY KUMARI
BASIC INFORMATION :
- Name: Dr. ROSY KUMARI
- Gender: Female
- Department: Home Science
- QUALIFICATION: Ph.D. (Food and Nutrition) and M.Sc. (Food Nutrition Dietetics)
- DESIGNATION: Assistant Professor, Department of Home Science, Patna Women’s College.
- SPECIALISATION: Food and Nutrition
- AREA OF INTEREST: Food product development, Community health, Therapeutic nutrition, Research methodology
Work Experience :
WORK EXPERIENCE + DATE OF JOINING PWC:
- 5 years’ work experience as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Home Science, Patna Women’s College (Autonomous) from 3rd August 2016 onwards.
RESEARCH WORK AND EXPERIENCE:
- Development of low cost energy and protein rich products by using locally available food resources to combat protein energy malnutrition in children under 3 to 5 years.
- Value added food products prepared from Pathri (Boerhaaviadiffusa) root powder.
Guided Research Project (U.G) College Level
- Research Project under CPE scheme (UGC) on “Anxiety in working and non- working pregnant women” (19th November 2019).
- Qualitative study on the experiences of breastfeeding of women among rural and urban areas. (19th July, 2021).
Guided Research Project (P.G) College Level
- Khadhyautthpadyokevikashmaisantareaurnimbhukechilkhe se nirmit powder keupyog par aadhyan. (25th September, 2020).
- Assessment of awareness and hygienic practices among street egg vendor. (20th July 2021).
- Public Awareness Regarding the Quality of Drinking Water in Patna Municipal Area”. (20th July 2021).
- AWARD AND HONOUR
- Ph.D awarded with distinction.
OTHER ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS
- Joint Secretary for RUSA Sponsored National Seminar on “Women in Contemporary India: Contexts and Possibilities” Organised by Department of Home Science, Patna Women’s College, P.U, Patna on 18thto 19th September, 2019.
- A month case study of a patient suffering from Gestational diabetes and typhoid at the hospital level.
- Organising Committee Member for Two Day National Webinar on “Holistic Approach Towards Community Health” Organised by Department of Home Science, Patna Women’s College, P.U, Patna on 29thto 30thJuly 2021.
MEMBERSHIP OF ACADEMIC BODIES
- Life membership in Nutritional Society of India, Hyderabad since22ndMay 2019
- Board Member of Board of Studies (BOS) of Department of Home Science, Patna Women’s College (Autonomous).
- Member of Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat (ESEB) Club, Patna Women’s College.
- Member of Cultural Committee, Patna Women’s College.
- Kumari Rosy1*, Gupta Alka2 and Sheikh Sarita3 (2016), Development and sensory optimization of low cost micronutrient rich nutritious product by using locally available food resources. International Journal of Food and Nutritional Science, Vol. 5, No. 1,e-ISSN 2320 -7876(Accessed January 1, 2016).
- Kumari Rosy1, Gupta Alka2 (2016), Preparation of Value Added Food Products from Dehydrated Underutilized Hogweed (BoerhaaviaDiffusa) Root Powder. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research, Vol.6; Issue: 3; March 2016, ISSN: 2249-9571.
- Kumari Rosy1*, Gupta Alka2 and Sheikh Sarita3 (2017) Development of nutrient dense supplementary products for children by using locally available Whole wheat flour, Ragi flour, Green gram flour, Soy flour, Roasted groundnut flour and jaggery. Allahabad Farmer, Vol.LXXIII, No. 2, October – December 2017.
- Kumari Rosy (2019) “Role of government for the betterment of Women’s health: Current Scenario and future scope” published in proceeding-cum-report of two-day national seminar on” Women’s Health: Miles to go” ISBN: 978-81-926605-0-9: March-2019
- Rosy Kumari (2019) “An analysis of the Chemical Composition of dehydrated underutilized Hogwed (Boerhaaviadiffusa) root powder” International Journal of Pure and Applied Bioscience, ISSN: 2320-7051, 7(2): 522-525, March- April (2019).
- Vishnu Priya, AkankshaKumari and Rosy Kumari (2020) “Anxiety in working and non-working women during pregnancy”.
- Explore- Journal of Research. Vol XII 2020, ISSN 2278-0297 (Print) & ISSN 2278-6414 (Online), pg. 99-105.
- Rosy Kumari, Vishnu Priya and AkankshaKumari (2020) “A Comparative study of nutritional assessment and level of anxiety among working and non-working women during pregnancy”.International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), ISSN: 2319-7064, pg. 1560-1566, Volume 9 Issue 9, September 2020.
- Rosy Kumari (2020) “Chemical analysis of composite flour using locally available coarse grains”. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), ISSN: 2319-7064, pg. 130-134, Volume 9 Issue 10, October 2020.
- Rosy Kumari and Nikki Kumari (2020) “Studies on the Utilization of Orange Peel Powder in the Development of Food Products”. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), ISSN: 2319-7064, pg. 118-124, Volume 9 Issue 10, October 2020.
INDUCTION PROGRAMME/ FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME/TRAINING:
- Participated in two day Faculty development programme on “Standards of excellence in higher education” held on 5th and 6th July2019, Organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) Patna Women’s College (Autonomous) Patna University, Patna.
- Participated in two day Faculty development programme on “Blended learning tools for effective teaching” held on 2nd and 3rd August 2019, Organized by Department of MCA,Patna Women’s College(Autonomous) Patna University, Patna.
- Participated in FDP on “How to publish in scholarly journals” held on 19th & 20th May, 2020 organized by Department of Home Science, Swami VivekanandSubhatri University, Meeruth, U.P.
- Participated in “FDP on “Module LMS: Exploring New Horizons of Teaching-Learning” held on 15/05/2020 to 21/05/2020 organized by Department of MCA & Computer Science,Patna Women’s College in collaboration with Spoken Tutorial, IIT Mumbai.
- Participated in 5 Day FDP on “Curriculum Development for Outcome Based Education” held on 28th September to 3rd October, 2020 organized by IQAC, Patna Women’s College, Autonomous, Patna University, Patna.
- Completed a 4-week Induction/Orientation Programme conducted by Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi, during 4th June to 1st July 2020.
- Attended RUSA sponsored Five Day Online Faculty Development Programmeon “Creating A Positive Work Culture: Strategy for Quality and Excellence” held on 23rd June to 27th June, 2021 organised by IQAC, Patna Women’s College (Autonomous), Patna University in collaboration with St. Aloysius College (Autonomous), Jabalpur.