DR. SHAZIA HUSAIN
Vidwaan ID – 332027
ORCID ID – 0000-0002-7103-4078
- Name: DR. SHAZIA HUSAIN
- Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Gender: Female
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Department: Home Science
- Specialisation: Food and Nutrition
- Area of interest: Food product development, Community nutrition, Therapeutic nutrition, Research methodology
- Date of joining: 16/07/2018
WORK EXPERIENCE :
- Research work experience–
- Ph.D. Thesis: Effect of soybean intervention on bone metabolism and lipid profile among postmenopausal women.
- M.Sc. Thesis: A comparative study of perimenopause and postmenopausal profile of working and non working-women in Varanasi.
- B.Sc. Project: Fungi infecting potato crop after harvesting.
- Research Supervised –
- Menopausal symptoms and quality of life among postmenopausal women in Patna. M.A. Dissertation, 2021.
- Knowledge, attitude and practice of using nutritional labels among college girls in Pana. B.A. Dissertation, 2021.
- Awareness and practice of homemakers regarding base materials used for cooking utensils. M.A. CPE 2021.
- Bakhtiyarpurprakhand k graminchetramein varshkiayukebachchonmeinposhankistithikaaklan. M.A. Dissertation, 2020.
- Awards and Honours –
- 2010 (JUNE) UGC NET-JRF
- 2010 UGC-MANF Scholarship
- 2011 Securing highest OGPA in Ph.D.
- Husain S., Verma S. and Bhatnagar V. 2011. Efficacy of iron rich Mathri on haematological parameter of hostel girls in Udaipur city. Food Science Research Journal. 2(1): 69-72.
- Bhatnagar V. and Husain S. 2012. Assessment of physical growth and haemoglobin status of urban early adolescent school girls. International Journal of Family and Home Science. 8(2): 105-112.
- Husain S. and Singh M. 2013. A comparative study of perimenopausal and postmenopausal profile of working and non working-women. Asian Journal of Home Science. 8(2): 631-635
- Husain S. and Jain S. 2014. Encoating potato chips to add protein value. Indian Food Packer. 68(1): 54-57.
- Husain S. and Padhan S. 2015. Vision for organic foods: A review. Bioscience Trends. 8(21): 5718-5722
- Husain S. and Bhatnagar V. 2015. Quality evaluation of soyflour incorporated maize products. Bioscience Trends. 8(23): 6653-6658.
- Husain S. and Bhatnagar V. 2016. Prevalence and risk of osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease in Rajasthani postmenopausal women. The Indian Journal of Nutrition and Dietetics. 53 (2): 219
- Husain S. 2016. Clinical applications of probiotics. International Journal of Advanced Biological Research. 6(3): 427-434.
- Husain S. and Bhatnagar V. 2018. Utilization of soyflour as a source of isoflavones in wheat paratha. Journal of Dairying, Foods and Home Sciences. 37(1): 69-72
- Husain S. and Bhatnagar V. 2019. Effect of 16 Weeks Soy Supplementation on Bone Metabolism and Body Composition in At Risk Osteoporotic Rajasthani Postmenopausal Women: A Randomized Controlled Study. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research. 9(9): 154-161.
- Padhan S. and Husain S. 2020. Gender equity and women empowerment: Key for nation building. International Journal of Home Science. 6(1): 224-228.
- Induction Programme/ Faculty Development Programme/ Training –
- Completed an online Faculty Development Programme on “Moodle LMS: Exploring New Horizons of Teaching-Learning” organised by Department of MCA & Computer Science, Patna Women’s College, from 15th -21st May 2020.
- Completed a 4-week Induction/Orientation Programme conducted by Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi, during 4th June to 1st July 2020.
- Completed a 1-week online training programme on “Data Analysis using SPSS” organised by Science Tech Institute, Lucknow, during 17-23rd August 2020.
- Completed a 5 day online Faculty Development Programme on “Curriculum Development for Outcome Based Education organised by IQAC, Patna Women’s College, Patna University, during 28th September to 3rd October 2020.
- Completed a 1 month Induction Programme conducted by UGC – HRDC, JamiaMilliaIslamia, during 10th February to 11th March 2021.
- Attended RUSA sponsored Five Day Online Faculty Development Programme on “Creating A Positive Work Culture: Strategy for Quality and Excellence” held on 23rd June to 27th June, 2021 organised by IQAC, Patna Women’s College (Autonomous), Patna University in collaboration with St. Aloysius College (Autonomous), Jabalpur.
- Membership of Academic Bodies –
- Member of Board of Studies (BOS) of P.G. Department of Home Science, Patna Women’s College, Patna University
- Member of Placement Cell Committee of Patna Women’s College, Patna University
- Life membership of Indian Dietetic Association, Delhi Chapter
- Life membership of Home Science Association of India
- Other Academic Achievements –
- Organizing Secretary of Webinar on “Holistic approach towards community health” organised by Department of Home Science, Patna Women’s College, P.U, Patna on 29thto 30thJuly, 2021.