Dr. Soofia Fatima
Ph.D, M.Com, B.Com
Vidwan ID – 358282
ORCID ID – 0009-0009-3813-7188
BASIC INFORMATION :
Name: Dr. Soofia Fatima
Designation : H.O.D, Department of Commerce & Dean, Faculty of Commerce Patna Women’s College (Autonomous ), Patna University
Teaching in Patna Women’s College since 2004.
Area of Interest :
Poverty and Unemployment Eradication Government Sponsored Programmes, Role of Banks in Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation, Microfinance, Law relating to the Contract of Bailment & Contract of Agency , Elements of Auditing , Islamic Banking, Ascertainment of cost in manufacturing and contracting business.
Educational Qualification :
10th from St. Joseph’s High School , Patna
I.Com – Vanijya Mahavidyalaya , Patna University
B.Com – Vanijya Mahavidyalaya , Patna University
M.Com – P.G. Department of Applied Economics & Commerce, Patna University
Ph.D – Patna University
Technical Qualification :
Advance Certificate Course in P.C. Application from NIIT, Patna. Certificate in Quality Management from NIIT, Patna.
Research Supervision :
Supervised several Research Projects and Research Papers of students under UGC-CPE Scheme.
Supervised many Research Projects of students of Credit Based Add-on Course in Risk and Insurance Management.
Supervised the students of B.Com in Research Project for Business Research Methods & Project Work.
Awarded the Prestigious “Exemplary Teacher Award” by Patna Women’s College, Patna University, in the year 2015.
Dr. Soofia Fatima (2020) : A BACKGROUND STUDY ON THE ROLE OF BANKS IN ERADICATION OF POVERTY AND UNEMPLOYMENT IN INDIA BY IMPLEMENTATION OF GOVERNMENT SPONSORED SCHEMES WITH SPECIAL REFERNCE TO SWARNA JAYANTI GRAM SWAROZGAR YOJANA (SGSY) , Cosmos An International Journal of Management , A Refereed Research Journal, Vol 9 / No 2 / Jan – Jun 2020 , ISSN :2778-1218.
Dr. Soofia Fatima (2020): GOVERNMENT SPONSORED PROGRAMMES OF POVERTY ALLEVIATION AND EMPLOYMENT GENERATION IN INDIA : A STUDY OF MULTI -DIMENSIONAL PROGRAMMES TO COMBAT RURAL POVERTY AND URBAN POVERTY UPTO ELEVENTH SUCCESSIVE FIVE-YEAR PLANS in Globus An
International Journal of Management & IT , A Refereed Research Journal Vol 12/ Jul- Dec 2020 No 1, ISSN :0975-721X
Micro- Finance: A Study of SHG as a Tool to Combat Unemployment and Poverty with special reference to Public Sector Banks, in Explore – Journal of Research, Vol. XI No.1, 2019 , ISSN 2278-0297.
A Study on Socio- Economic Condition of street vendors and their contribution to the economy of Patna. In Explore Journal of Research, Vol. VII, 2015, ISSN 2278-0297
A study of “ Islamic Banking” as an ethical alternative to conventional banking system with special reference to its prospects in Patna, in Explore – Journal of Research , A Peer Reviewed Journal , Vol. VI,2014, ISSN 2278 -0297.
Papers Presented :
1. Paper Presented in the U.G.C National Conference on Relevance of Gandhian Thought, organised by College of Commerce on 9th and 10th of November, 2006.
2. Paper presented at 11th Annual Conference of the Economic Association of Bihar at College of Commerce, Patna. Title of Paper presented – “Land Reforms: A Dismal Picture in Bihar “ on 9th and 10th November 2006.
3. Paper Presented in U.G.C sponsored National Seminar on “Employment Conditions of Women in the Informal Sector in India”, organised by Dept. of Sociology, Magadh Mahila, Patna university, on March 17th & 18th, 2007.
4. Paper Presented titled “Agriculture – A Dismal Picture In Bihar” in National Level Seminar on Agriculture in Bihar : Problems and Prospects , organised by Mahila College, Khagaul, Patna on 5th & 6th of April,2007.
5. Paper Presented in National Seminar on “ Human Development in Multi- Religious and MultiCultural Societies : South Asian Experience “ Organised by National Open University, Patna on 30th and 31st of March
4.Paper Presented in National seminar on “ the Multi-Dimensional Effects of Micro-Credit and its Management on 23rd and 24th of May, 2008 In B.S. College, Danapur. Paper titled – “Micro-Finance: A Beacon of Hope”.
5. Paper contributed in the 60th Annual Conference of Indian Commerce Association held at Osmania University, Hyderabad on 28th November 2008. Paper titled “A Tested Step towards Alleviation of Poverty “published in the Annual Conference Volume.
6. Presented Paper in the U.G.C Sponsored National Seminar organised by Dept. Of Geography, Patna Women’s College on 24th and 25th January 2012.
7.Paper Presented in the National Seminar organised by Vanijya Mahavidyalaya, Patna University on 6th and 7th December, 2018. Paper titled – “A study on commerce teaching in reference to Patna Women’s College”.
1.International Conference on “ Start Up To scale Up :Management And Policy Intervention”. Paper presented entitled “Role of Information and Communication Technology in Entrepreneurship – A Step Towards Alleviation of Unemployment and Poverty”, The Conference was organised by Department Of Commerce, Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Aligarh, in collaboration with Gedu College of Business Studies, Royal University of Bhutan, Bhutan, 6th April,2019.
2.Participation in International Webinar on ‘ Post Covid-19 Lockdown : Opportunities and Challenges for Education, Industry & Economy ’ organised by A.K.I. Poona College of Arts , Science and Commerce, Pune, held on 16th May 2020.
3. Paper presented in International Conference on “Gender Issues : Proprieties and Challenges”, organised by Centre for Gender studies in collaboration with Magadh Mahila College and Patna Women’s College on 7-9 February , 2016. The paper entitled “ Holistic Approach in education Towards Attainment of Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment and Peace- A study with special reference to Patna Women’s College.
4.Attended International Conference of Indian Muslims Associations Council on World Peace and Harmony in May 2010 at San Diego, California, U.S.A. Resource Person / Consultation / Extension Services :
1.Interview Board Member (External Expert) in the Interview Board for Recruitment of Probationary Officers (P.O) at Indian Overseas Bank, Regional Office, Patna. Interviewed 800 candidates from 7th October 2011 to 21st October, 2011.
2. Participated as Delegate in ‘ Pre- Budget Interactive Session’ with the Honourable Finance Minister, Govt. of Bihar, held on 13th January, 2015, at Old Secretariat , Patna.
3. Participated as Delegate in the Meeting with the Honourable Finance Minister , Govt. of Bihar, in the Pre- Budget Interactive Session held on 18th January, 2016, at Adhiveshan Bhawan, Secretariat , Patna.
4. Judge for Elocution Contest organised by Patna Chapter Of CICASA, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India on 23rd August 2016.
5. External Expert in the Interview Board for recruitment of Class 12th commerce teachers in Army School, Danapur Cant., Danapur On 8th March ,2018.
6. Invited as subject expert for recruitment of commerce teacher of class XII in St. Michael’s High School, Digha Ghat, Patna, in March, 2019.
7. Invited as Resource Person in Panel Discussion (Online) – “How Will India Become Ten Trillion Dollar Economy?” organised by EDUMATE TV powered by IMS Ghaziabad, on 22nd July, 2020.
8. Resource Person for Entrepreneur Training Programme for three sessions on ‘Women Entrepreneurship Development Programme ’ organised by Patna Women’s College under aegis of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science and
Technology, Government of India on 26th February, 2021.
Faculty Development Programmes
Two Weeks Faculty Development Programme on Managing Online Classes and Co-Creating MOOCS: 2.0 organised by Ramanujan College, University of Delhi sponsored by Ministry of Human Resource Development Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching held during 18th May – 3rd June , 2020.
One Week Online Faculty Development Program on “ Overcoming the Challenges in Adapting Online Technology in Teaching Learning, organised by Jhulelal Institute of Technology,Nagpur held during 6th– 11th May 2020.
Participated in two days Faculty Development Programme on” Standards of Excellence In Higher Education” on 5th and 6th July 2019, organised by Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), Patna Women’s College, Autonomous, Patna University, Patna.
Other Experiences :
Two Days Online Course Short Term Course on Disaster Management and its Mitigation” organised by Department of Civil Engineering , Aligarh Muslim University , Aligarh, on 20th– 21st May, 2020.
Attended the Train the Trainer Workshop on ACCA Management Accounting and & Corporate and Business Law on 9th August, 2019
Attended a one week Training Programme, ending on 30th June, 2007, conducted by Bihar institute of Public Administration and Rural Development organised by Patna Women’s College.
Voluntary Services in Riverside Islamic Academy and Apple Tree Learning Centre, California, U.S.A in 2010.