M.Sc., CSIR-NET, PhD
VIDWAN ID: 357166
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-9204-0699
BASIC INFORMATION :
- Name: Dr. Swetnisha
- Gender: Female
- Department: Microbiology
- PhD in Biotechnology
- Designation: Assistant Professor in Microbiology
- Specialization: Plant Biotechnology, Plant tissue culture, Biochemistry
- Date of joining PWC: 21/01/2021
Work Experience :
- 06 months
- Research Experience: Worked as Research Fellow in Defence Research Laboratory (DRDO),
Tezpur from Dec, 2014 to Dec 2019.
- Awards and Honours: None
- Swetnisha, A. Bora, H.K. Gogoi, P.S. Raju (2017). In vitro production of capsaicin through plant tissue culture, Indian Journal of Phytology. 9: 24-33. Doi: 10.25081/jp.2017.v9.3389.
- KS Nakhuru, Swetnisha, A. Bora, P. Chattopadhyay, P.S Raju (2018). Assessment of phytochemicals, antioxidants, free radical scavenging potential of aqueous methanolic extract of Capsicum assamicum (Jubliee Purkayastha and L.N. Singh) fruits. International journal of pharma research and health sciences. 6(1): 2148-53. Doi: 10.21276/ijprhs.2018.01.11.
- Swetnisha, A. Bora, H.K. Gogoi, S.K. Dwivedi, P.J. Handique (2018). In vitro callus induction from Capsicum assamicum (Bhut Jolokia) and its capsaicin quantification. International journal of pharmacy and biological sciences. 8(2): 745-51.
- M.G. Vairale, K.S. Nakhuru, Swetnisha, Sanjai K. Dwivedi (2020). Exploration, physicobiochemical and nutritional profiling of Hippophae salicifolia D. Don. of Arunachal Pradesh in India. Progressive Horticulture. 52(1): 25-30.
- Swetnisha, A. Bora, H.K. Gogoi, P.S. Raju, P.J Handique (2017). Callus induction and proliferation of Capsicum assamicum (Bhut Jolokia). Proceedings of National Symposium on Plant Biotechnology.
- Swetnisha, A. Bora, H.K. Gogoi, P.S. Raju, P.J Handique (2017). Ethnomedicinal uses of chilli in India. Proceedings of PAPOTHECARY at Gauhati University.
- Swetnisha, A. Bora, H.K. Gogoi, P.S. Raju, P.J Handique (2018). Enhancement of capsaicin accumulation in suspension culture of Capsicum assamicum. Proceedings of South Asian Biotechnology Conference at Colombo.
- Swetnisha, A. Bora, H.K. Gogoi, S.K. Dwivedi , P.J Handique (2018). Effect of sodium alginate immobilization on the growth of callus cultures of Capsicum assamicum (Bhut Jolokia). Proceedings of International Conference on Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Agriculture
- Swetnisha, A. Bora, S.K. Dwivedi (2019). Effect of Cellulase on Capsaicin accumulation in cell suspension culture of Capsicum assamicum (Bhut Jolokia). Proceedings of Indian Science Congress
- Life member of Indian Science Congress Association.