DR. URVASHI SINHA
- Name: Dr. Urvashi Sinha
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Date of joining: 30th July 2011
- Email: email@example.com
- Gender: Female
- Department: Botany
- Specialization: Phytopathology and Microbiology.
WORK EXPERIENCE :
- A Doctorate in Botany has over 12 years of teaching and research experience in the field of phytochemistry, phytopathology and microbiology.
- Has guided more than 20 research projects at under graduate level under the different schemes of UGC.
- Member of IQAC working committee for NAAC Accreditation and Preparation.
- Has been a member of organizing committee for National level of Seminars, workshop, guest lectures and various other offline and online events
Have co-authored 14 research papers, which are published in the peer reviewed In- house Journals Explore and IRIS.
- Urvashi Sinha (2021), “Assessmant of Arsenic Toxicity in Spinacia Plant: PhysiologicalAspect“,International Journal of Scientific Advances,Volume2, Issue 5, pp 807-809, ISSN 2708-7972
- Urvashi Sinha (2019), “ Analysis of phytoconstituents and antimicrobial properties of leaf exteractof Commenila bengalensis L, against selected microbes”. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Vol 9, Issue 4, pp296-98, ISSN 2250-3153
- Urvashi Sinha (2022) “Assay of Commenila benghalensis Linn. Leaf Extract on Selected Microbes” in Innovations in Microbiology and Biotechnology Vol.7,B.P.International publication,chapter2, pp 17-21 PrintISBN: 978-93-5547-696-8, eBook ISBN: 978-93-5547-697
- Urvashi Sinha (2019) “Aquatic plants are Bioindicators and an effective means of phytoremidiation of Aresenic from water” in New Horizons of Biological Sciences: Advantages and Challenges, Rajesh publication, chapter 6, pp- 56 ISBN: 978-81-94426-99-8
- Urvashi Sinha (1999), “Tremendous Wealth of Medicinal Plants in state of Bihar”. New Ideal Rsearch Journal vol 6, pp22-23
- “Biopolymers and its Environmental Impacts: An Overview” Article published in proceedings of National Seminar on “Chemistry is Life” held at Magadh Mahila College, Patna Feb 2012
- “Tribal Pharmacopeia: A Safe Remedy”, Published in proceedings of National seminar on “Recent Trends in Life Sciences” held at Science College, Patna in May 2012.
- “Role of Pesticides in Childhood Cancer” Published in proceedings of National seminar on “Recent Scenario and Advancement in Cancer Research” organised by S.S.Hospital on March 22&23 2014 .
- On the topic, “Cucumis sativus fruit with peel: a potential natural drug” at National E- Conference on Interdiscipinary Research in Science and Technology (NCIRST -20), Organized by Amiruddaulia Islamia Degree College, Lucknow, India,31st May 2020.
- On the topic “Covid 19: How the pandemic has affected the health of young girls and women” in the 15 day FDP, On the Gender contours of the pandemic :reinventing public policy and leadership transformation, organized by University of Delhi Miranda House and SarlaDevi Center, Bhubneshwar. August 24rth to September 7th
- On the topic “Characterization of flavanoids in the leaf extract of Commenila benghalensis L.” at National Seminar on Environmental Pollution: A threat to Living Word, Organized by P.G. Department of Botany, Nalanda College, Biharsharif, Nalanda, Bihar, March 27-28th
- On the topic “ Analysis of Phytoconstituents and Antimicrobial properties of Leaf Extract of Commenila benghalensis L.against selected microbes.” At UGC(ERO), DST, ICMR and BCST sponsored National Seminar Environmental Pollution, Organized by P.G. Department of Botany, Nalanda College, Biharsharif, Nalanda, Bihar. 24-25th March 2012.