Dr. Maryam Sabreen
M. Phil ,MA, NET
Vidwan id : 349016
Orcid id : 0000000234751692
BASIC INFORMATION :
- Name: Dr. Maryam Sabreen
- Gender: Female
- Department: Economics
- Worked as Junior Project Fellow (JPF) at NCERT, New Delhi (September 2016 to March 2017).
- Ph.D. (Submitted in 2022), M. Phil (2017), MA (2014), UGC-NET(2015). .
- Received Best Paper Presentation Award at the International Conference on Progressive Research in Industrial & Mechanical Engineering (PRIME – 2021) 5th – 7th August 2021.
- Received Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minorities (July 2014 to March 2019).
- Maryam Sabreen and Deepak Kumar Behera, Determinants of Non-Farm Employment in Rural Bihar. Indian Journal of Economics and Development. 17(4), Oct-Dec – 2021,831-839, DoI:10.35716/IJED/21157 (WoS-ESCI & SCOPUS Indexed).
- Maryam Sabreen and Deepak Kumar Behera, Rural Household’s Participation in Non-farm Economic Activities in India Using Binary Logistic Regression Model. Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies. 21(1) – 2021,5-16, (SCOPUS Indexed Journal).
- Deepak Kumar Behera; Maryam Sabreen; Deepika Sharma, The Impact of COVID-19 on the Indian Economy. International Review of Applied Economics. 35(6) – 2021,870-885, DoI:10.1080/02692171.2021.1962815 (WOS-ESCI & SCOPUS Indexed Journal); Taylor & Francis.
- Maryam Sabreen and Deepak Kumar Behera, Changing Structure of Rural Employment in Bihar: Issues and Challenges. Indian Journal of Labour Economics. 63(3), September – 2020,833–845, DoI:10.1007/s41027-020-00279-6 (WoS: ESCI & SCOPUS INDEXED JOURNAL)- Springer Nature.
- Maryam Sabreen, Forest Cover in India: Understanding the Regional Cost of Development in Environmental and Ecological Sustainability, New Delhi: IGNOU.
- 6 Days’ Workshop on NSSO Data Using SPSS and STATA organised by ANSISS, Patna (23rd- 28th April 2022).
- NPTEL Online Certification on Handling Large Scale Unit Level Data Using STATA, IIT Roorkee (Jan-March 2021).
- 5 Days Online FDP on Capacity Building, organised by NIT Patna (14th- 18th Dec 2020).
- A web session on Reopening the Economy: Challenges and Opportunities organised by the Department of Economics, University of Allahabad (22nd June 2020).
- 2 Days Virtual Conference on The Implications of COVID-19 Crisis for Labour and Employment in India: Impact, Strategies and Perspectives, jointly organized by Institute of Human Development, International Labour Organisation, and Indian Society of Labour Economics (8th & 9th June 2020).
- National Webinar on Surviving Covid-19: The Future Perspectives, organised by the Department of Economics & Business Economics, Rizvi College of Arts, Science & Commerce (27 May 2020).
- Web Lecture on Impact of Covid-19 Lockdown on Informal Economy, jointly organised by Institute of Human Development and Indian Society of Labour Economics (26 May 2020).
- Virtual Workshop on Basics of Econometrics, organised by the Department of Commerce, Aligarh Muslim University (13th & 14th May 2020).
- Summer School on Development Economics, jointly organized by IGC, IGIDR and IDSK (1-6th August 2019).
- ICSSR Research Methodology Course for Ph. D. Students in Social Sciences, organised by P.G. Department of Statistics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar (24th July to 2nd August 2017).
PAPER PRESENTED IN CONFERENCES:
- Paper Titled “Factors Determining Participation in Rural Non-farm Activities in Bihar” presented in the 62nd Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Labour Economics, organised by IIT Roorkee (2022)
- Paper Titled “Access to Rural Non-farm Employment in India: A Study of Bihar” presented in the International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Economics (ICCIE) organised by the School of Economics, XIM University, Odisha (2022)
- Paper Titled “Contract Farming and Agricultural Productivity in Bihar” presented in the National Seminar on Raising Agricultural Productivity and Farmers’ Incomes in Bihar, organized by the Patliputra School of Economics, Patna, Bihar (2021).
- Paper Titled “COVID-19 and Economic Uncertainty: Monetary Policy response to boost the Indian Economy” presented in the Virtual International Conference of Journal of Asian Economics Special Issue on Monetary Policy Issues and Challenges for Asian Economies, organized by the Journal of Asian Economics (2021).
- Paper Titled “Automation and digitalization of service sector in India in the wake of COVID-19 crisis” presented in the International Conference on Progressive Research in Industrial & Mechanical Engineering (PRIME – 2021), organised by the National Institute of Technology Patna (2021).
- Paper Titled “Impact of Covid-19 on Bihar Economy: An Assessment of Expected Output and Employment Growth” presented in the 24th Annual Conference, organised by the Indian Political Economy Association (2020)
- Paper Titled “Assessing Mental Health Problem and Coping Strategies among Retail Workers During the Pandemic COVID-19” presented in the International Webinar on COVID-19: Life Challenges and Strategies, organised by the PG Department of Psychology, Veer Kunwar Singh University, Ara (2020).
- Paper Titled “Socio-Economic Aspects of Non-Farm Employment in Bihar” presented in the 12th Doctoral Thesis Conference, organised by IBS Hyderabad (2019).
- Paper Titled “Changing Structure of Rural Employment in Bihar: Issues and Challenges” presented in the 61st Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Labour Economics, organised by the Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab (2019).
- Paper Titled “An Econometric Analysis of Determinants of Employment Growth in India Industrial Sector” presented in the 60th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Labour Economics, organised by Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai (2018).
- Paper Titled “Forest Cover in India: Understanding the Regional Cost of Development” presented in the International Conference- Environmental and Ecological Sustainability: Engaging the Stakeholders, organised by the School of Interdisciplinary and Trans-disciplinary Studies, IGNOU, New Delhi (2018).