Phd ( Pursuing) ,UGC NET
ORCID Id: 0000-0001-5550-9718
Vidwan-ID : 359749
BASIC INFORMATION :
|Name : Ms. ROMA|
|Gender : Female|
|Department : Mass Communication|
|Designation: : Head, Assistant Professor|
|Specialisation/Area of Interest: Electronic Media, New Media, Communication,
Advertising, Public Relations, Graphic Designing, Research
- Pursuing Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) in Mass Communication from Amity University, Noida ( ASCO) (2021)
- UGC NET ( July 2018)
- Masters in Mass Communication from Guru Jambeshwar University (2012-2014)
- PG diploma in Hindi Journalism from IIMC New Delhi. (2013-2014)
- Bachelors in Mass Communication, Patna Women’s College ( 2009-12)
- 12th from DAV BSEB, Patna (2009)
- 10th from DAV BSEB, Patna (2007)
Work Experience in Academics:
- Working as Head, Department of Mass Communication, Patna Women’s College ( April 2022-Present)
- Worked as Assistant Professor in Department of Mass Communication, Patna Women’s College from (July 2019-Present)
- Worked as a Guest faculty in the Department of Mass Communication, Patna Women’s College from (Oct 2018-June 2019)
- Delivered a lecture on ‘Effective Public Speaking Skills’ organised by MCA department in Patna Women’s College
- Moderated and Anchored the 16th Foundation day ‘Crystal Jubilee Celebration’ of Dept of Mass Communication, Patna Women’s College.
- Moderated and Anchored a two day webinar on ‘Challenges and Opportunities in Media’ by Department of Mass Communication, Patna Women’s College.
- Invited as a Media Expert in IPRD & BPSC (Bihar Public Service Commission)
- Invited as an Expert in special program on Azaadi ka Amrit mahotsav on Doordarshan,Patna
- Invited as Industry Internship External Jury Member in NIFT Patna
- Selection Committee Member at Centre of Excellence in Disaster Management (COeDM), Development Management Institute (DMI), Bihar Govt.
- Worked as a Resource Person in Doordarshan Kendra, Patna during Lok Sabha Elections 2019
- Worked as a Sub Editor in Aajtak.
- Interned with prestigious organisations i.e. Aajtak, IBN7, ZEE , Darsh News, Hindustan Newspapers, Greycell PR Company during 2010-2014.
- Won 2nd prize in Best speaker in Group discussion on the topic CS Vs. CA organized by ICSI (Institute of Company Secretary of India)
- Worked as a Freelancer with The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab at South Asia for monitoring election poll observations in Bihar during the 5th phase of assembly elections.
- Worked as a Freelancer in a special project of Media research during Delhi Assembly elections 2013 by Right Vision Kompany.
Participation/ Presentation in Seminars and Conferences:
- Presented a paper on ‘A study on changing communication strategies of new era instructors and students for online learning post pandemic: Trends and Issues’ in a National Seminar organised by St Xavier’s College of Management, Patna.
- Paper presentation at National Seminar on ‘Role of Educators in Mediated Learning’ at Amity University Noida , COMTREP.
- Paper presentation at National Seminar on 8th Feb 2020 on ‘Developing an Optimum Work life balance’ at St Xavier’s College of Management and Technology, Patna organized by St Xavier’s College.
- Paper presentation at International Seminar on 9th sept 2021 on ‘Covid 19 Pandemic: Stress and Mental Health Issues of WFH Professionals’ at Patna Women’s College, Patna organised by Department of Business Administration, Patna Women’s College in collaboration with IQAC.
- Paper presentation on ‘ Digital financial Services: The Emerging Issues and Challenges’ in the International Conference organised by Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Orissa.
- Paper presentation on ACADEMICIAN INTERVENTIONS IN MANAGING MENTAL HEALTH CONCERNS OF STUDENTS DURING PANDEMIC in International Conference on ICCSR organised by CIMP, Patna in association with Xavier institute of Social Research (XISR):
- Attended Two-week Capacity Development Program on ‘Research Methodology’ organised by the Department of Management, Chaudhary Bansi Lal University with financial support from ICSSR, New Delhi from 06 September 2021 to 18 September 2021.
- Attended MEDIA RESEARCH WORKSHOPON SPSS by MAHARAJA AGRASEN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES under the aegis of IQAC.
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation for Writing a Press Release, in
Udaan-“Exploring the New Horizons and Exploring the Entrepreneurial Mindset” in a 5-day Entrepreneurship Development Programme Patna Women’s College (Autonomous) from 14th September to 19th September 2020.
- Attended a webinar on “ Swantantrata Sangram aur Bhartiya Press” on the eve of 74th Independence day of Press Information Bureau in collaboration with Dept of Mass Communication , Patna Women’s College
- Online Certificate Course in Understanding Research Methods from University of London.
- Online Certificate course in Digital Journalism, Reuters, 2021.
- Participated in RUSA sponsored Five Day Online Faculty Development Programme on “Creating A Positive Work Culture: Strategy for Quality and Excellence” organised by IQAC, Patna Women’s College (Autonomous) in collaboration with St. Aloysius College (Autonomous)
- Participated in the Online International Conference on “COVID 19 Pandemic and the World Tourism-Hospitality: Trends, Challenges and Future Prospects” Organised by IQAC Patna Women’s College, Autonomous.
- Participated in the National Webinar on “Key Insights on Intellectual Property Rights : An Interface and Emerging issues” Organised by IQAC Patna Women’s College, Autonomous.
- Successfully Completed Online Workshop on “Effective Tools for Online Meeting and Teaching” organised by Department of MCA Patna Women’s College, Autonomous under the aegis of UGC Prarambh
- Participated in a Live National Webinar on “Journalism :Now and Future” Organised by Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication , New Delhi.
- Participated in a Covid 19 Quiz organised by Dept of Psychology , G.J. college , Patna
- Attended a Webinar on “ Role of Development communication in Society” organised by Amity University, Gwalior.
- Participated in a National Webinar on “Covid 19- The Everyday Life of Migrant Workers” Organised by S.M.D College , Punpun.
- Participated in a National Webinar on “Human Rights Violation – With special reference to the Domestic Violence under Covid 19 ” Organised by S. U. College , Hilsa, Nalanda
- Participated in a Three day National Webinar on “Covid 19 and Indian Economy” Organised by School of Social Sciences , Central University of Gujarat in collaboration with SHODH & Knowledge Partner ICSSR.
- Foundation course in “Human Rights” from Patna Women’s College.
- Article published in Hindustan Newspaper on FIFA 2010 demonstrating FIFA fever to mass audience and delay in construction of parks.
- Article published in PWC Lab Journal (Headway 2012) on the topic Mall Culture in Patna and Teenage Crime.
- Article published in IIMC Lab Journal (Aap Ki Aawaj) on the topic “sardiyan jara bach ke” and “Bangladesh mei chunnavi hulchul”