Dr. Ravi Kumar
M.sc, (IITG) Ph. D
- Name: Dr. Ravi Kumar
- Gender: Male
Professional Details :
- Joined as Assistant Professor:
Department of Mathematics, Patna Women’s College, Patna University (Autonomous) in September 2021
Areas of interest :
- Fluid Dynamics, Operator Theory
- Fractional Calculus, Linear Algebra
- Mathematical Modeling, Graph Theory
- Teaching in the Department of Mathematics, Patna Women’s College, since August 2018
Research Supervision :
- Thesis titled ‘Some Studies on the Flow of Newtonian Fluids’ Submitted Ph. D thesis Under Supervision of Prof.(Dr.) Balgangadhar Prasad, Professor & Former Head Department of Mathematics, Patna University. Patna
- Project undertaken at Department of Mathematics, IIT Guwahati. during study
Under Supervision of Dr. M. Guru Prem Prasad, Professor, India, Guwahati, Assam January 2012 to May 2012
Fractal Interpolation In this project work, we mainly work the basic theory of the Iterated Function System (IFS) and the Fractal Interpolation (FIF). Certion fractal objects can be generated through the iterative function systems. The basic theory on fractals interpolation functions arising from the IFS.
- R&D projects received from Patna Women’s College funding agencies from January 2021 to August 2021
Title : Mathematical Modeling of the dynamics of Drug Spreading in India- A Fractional Calculus Approach
- Workshop on “Introduction to Graph and Geometric Algorithms” in 2011 at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati.
- National Workshop on Big Data Analytics in April 26-28, 2016 at Department of Statistics, Patna University.
- National Workshop on “Treasure of Great Indian Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan” organized by Ramanujan Society of Mathematics and Mathematical Science in November 03-07, 2016 at Department of Mathematics, T.D.P.G. College, Janunpur, U.P.
- National Workshop on “Learning Statistical Techniques with SPSS” in November 19-22, 2016 at Department of Statistics, Patna University.
- GIAN Course in Mathematical Modeling in Biological and Bio-medical Applications organized by National Institute of Technology (NIT), Patna sponsor by MHRD, Govt. of India, November 20-24, 2017.
- Workshop on Open Source Course: Latex and LibreOffice Suite Calc” Sponsor by Spoken Tutorial IIT, Bombay funded by National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt. of India successfully Completed Course conducted by Patna University Computer Centre (PUCC), Patna university, Patna November, 2017.
- Workshop on “MATLAB” organized by Department of Physics, LNMIIT, Jaipur February 2-4, 2018.
- Faculty development programme on Machine learning and Data Analytic using Python. IIT Roorkee ,6May-14may2020.
- Quality improvement programme supported by Aicte participated in the Short –Term course on differential equation solution and techniques and Appliations.IIT Guwahati,September 7-12 ,2021
- Faculty Dvelopment Programme on Advanced Optimization Techniques and hands –on-with MATLAB/SCILAB, NIT Patna & IIT Guwahati, 06-19 September 2021.
- Published a paper entitled “ Predicting Thermal Conductivity For Nanofluid Using Neural Network” in Journal of Information and Computational Science, Vol. 10, Issue 8-2020, ISSN:1548-7741.
- . Published a paper entitled “ Investigating The Flow Of Nanofluids Through a Porous Microtubes In the Presence Of Imposed Magnetic Fields” in Journal of Information and Computational Science, Vol. 10, Issue 9-2020, ISSN:1548-7741.
- . Published a paper entitled “Numerical Study Of Unsteady Flow Of Newtonian Fluids Through Porous Media” in Journal of Information and Computational Science, Vol. 10, Issue 10-2020, ISSN:1548-7741.
- . Published a paper entitled “Numerical Study Of MHD Oscillatory Flow And MHD Laminar Pulsating Flow Due To Forced Convection Through a Saturated Porous Channel” in Journal of Information and Computational Science, Vol. 11, Issue 10-2020, ISSN:1548-7741.
- Published in the book Series Algorithms for Intelligent entitled” A Note On Vorticity of Hydromagnetic Two- Phase Flow Through Two Parallel Plates in a Rotating System” In Proceedings of Integrated Intelligence Enable Networks and Computing- IIENC 2020, In Springer Nature , ISBN: 978-981-336-306-9.
- Approximation of Phillips-operators on new parameters and via Dunkl analogue: IJMTT volume 66 Issue1-Jan2020
- Approximation on a class of Szász–Mirakyan operators via second kind of beta operators: Journal of inequalities and Appliations. Springer Open Access.2020.
- Approximation on parametric extension of Baskakov–Durrmeyer operators on weighted spaces: Journal of inequalities and Appliations. Springer Open Access.2019.
- Approximation on Bivariate Parametric-Extension of Baskakov-Durrmeyer-Operators:Filomat 35:8 (2021), 2783–2800https://doi.org/10.2298/FIL2108783N
Conferences and Paper Presentations:
- Presented a paper entitled “ Unsteady Fluid Through a Porous Medium in a rectangular channel with damping effects”, organized by Bihar Mathematical Society at P.G Department of Mathematics, College of Commerce, Arts & Science, Patna, on 14 October 2018.
- Presented a paper entitled “ Flow of a hydromagnetic fluid through a porous medium between permeable beds with damping effects” at International Conference Differential Equation and Control Problems Modeling, Analysis and Computations ( ICDECP19) Organized by Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology Mandi on June 17-19, 2019.
- Presented a paper entitled “ Hydromagnetic Free Convection Flow near a Vertical Wall with Variable Temperature” at 2nd International Conference On Mathematical Modelling, Applied Analysis and Computation-(ICMMAAC-19) Organized by Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science JECRC University, Jaipur on August 08-10, 2019.
- Presented a Poster entitled “ Discuss Newtonian Pulsatile Flow of n layers of n fluids in a rigid and circular Tubes” at International Conference on Material Science and Applications (ICMSAA-19) Organized by Department of Physics, HNB Garhwal University ( A Central University), Srinagar Garhwal, Uttarakhand on November 25-27, 2019.
- Presented a paper entitled “ A Note on Hydromagnetic Two- Phase flow Through Two Parallel Plates in a Rotating System” at 1st International Virtual conference on Integrated Intelligence Enable Networks & Computing (IIENCE-2020) Organized by Institute of Technology Gopeshwar, Uttarakhand, on 05-07 September 2020.