Dr. SHAHLA YASMIN
M.Sc, Ph.D, M.Phil, NET
BASIC INFORMATION :
- Name:Dr. SHAHLA YASMIN
- Gender: Female
- Department: Zoology
Work Experience :
- Worked as lecturer in Department of Zoology since November 1996 and as Head of Department of Zoology, Patna Women’s College since 2003
- Conducted a UGC sponsored National Conference on ‘Environmental Education for Sustainable Lifestyle’ on 10th and 11th February 2006 as Organizing Secretary
- Conducted a UGC sponsored National Seminar on ‘Women and Occupational Health: Stress Hazards and Safety’ on 17th and 18th January 2012 as Organizing Secretary
- Vice President, Eco Task force, a student body working for environment
- Member of IQAC of Patna Women’s College
- Member of Research Committee of Patna Women’s college and Area Co-ordinator of Science.
- Dean, Science, Patna Women’s College
- Member Secretary, Academic Council, Patna Women’s College
- Editor of IRIS-Journal for Young Scientists.
- Editor (Science) of EXPLORE- Journal of research for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students.
- Co-ordinator, National Science Olympiad in 2005 and 2006
- Edited the proceedings of the National Conference on ‘Environmental Education for Sustainable Lifestyle’ held on 10th and 11th February 2006
- Edited ’Environmental Quiz 2004’, a publication of ECO task Force
- Compiled and edited ’Energy Quiz 2007’, a publication of ECO task Force
- Compiled a booklet on “Tips on Solid Waste Management’ a publication of ECO task Force
- Compiled a booklet Causes, Effects and Mitigation of Climate Change a publication of ECO task Force
- Compiled and edited ’Environmental Quiz 2010’, a publication of ECO task Force
- Co-chaired a technical session at the International Conference on “Population Dynamism and Sustainable Resource Development” held during March 25 – 27, 2012 at Aligarh, India.
- Invited speaker at the 32nd Session of The Academy of Environmental Biology and National symposium on ‘Emerging pollutants and pathogens : Challenges and Risk reduction’ held at Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow from September 20-22, 2012.
- Chaired a technical session at the 4th International Conference on Anthropogenic Impact on Environment and Conservation Strategy (ICAIECS-2012) held at Ranchi from November 2 – 4, 2012
- Co-chaired a technical session at The First International Forum on Asian Water Environment Technology” held at Jawaharalal Nehru University, New Delhi on 18-20 December 2013.
- Selected as Mentor Fellow at the Women in STEM Roadshow 13th and 14th February 2018 held at Patna by the Ohio State University under the INDO-US scheme.
- Chaired a technical Session in the Department of Biotechnology Sponsored Workshop on Star College Scheme for the Colleges of Bihar and Jharkhand on 25.01.2018 at Patna Women’s College.
- Chaired a technical Session in the NAAC Sponsored National Seminar on Excellence in Higher Education: Emerging Concerns and the Road
Ahead on 8th and 9th February organized by IQAC at Patna Women’s College
- Chaired a technical Session in the RUSA Sponsored National Seminar on Women in Contemporary India: Contexts and Possibilities
organized by PG Department of Home Science on 18th and 19th September 2019 at Patna Women’s College.
- KS Krishnan CUBE Teacher Fellow 2014 Award for exemplary contribution to collaborative undergraduate research during the year 2013-14- awarded by Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai.
- Exemplary Teacher Award of the year 2014-15-awarded by Patna Women’s College
- Institutional Researcher of the year 2014-15- awarded by Patna Women’s College
- Anil Sadgopal CUBE Award for Popularization of Science and Cultivation of Scientific Temperament awarded in 2019 by Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai.
- Yahya HSA and Shahla Yasmin (1989). Earthworms in the dietary spectrum of Whitebreasted Kingfisher Halcyon smyrnensis J. Bom Nat HistSoc, 88: 454.
- Yasmin Shahla and HSA Yahya (1993). Feeding habits and crop damage by Indian Peafowl WPA-INDIA NEWS, 1:8-9.
- Yasmin Shahla (1996) A Heronry in the Heart of a City. Newsletter for Birdwatcher, 36:78.
- Yasmin Shahla (1997) Storks Seeking Army Protection in Bihar. Newsletter for Birdwatcher, 37:15.
- Yasmin Shahla (1997) Ecological Isolation in Doves of Streptopelia spp. In and around AMU Campus, Aligarh. Newsletter for Birdwatcher, 37:85.
- Shahla Yasmin (2011). Ecology and Biology of the Indian Peafowl, Pavo cristatus, Lap Lambert Academic Publishing. ISBN: 9783843359801
- Shahla Yasmin (2011). Ecological Isolation in Doves of Streptopelia spp. A Field Study in Aligarh Region. Lap Lambert Academic Publishing. ISBN 978-3-8454-0269-7
- Shahla Yasmin (2017). Fluoride Contamination in Groundwater of Gaya District of Bihar, India. Lap Lambert Academic Publishing. ISBN 978-3-659-53081-4
- Shahla Yasmin (2017). Carbendazim Toxicity. ISBN 978-3-330-06986-2