BASIC INFORMATION :
- Name:SHAHLA YASMIN
Work Experience :
- Worked as lecturer in Department of Zoology since November 1996 and as Head of Department of Zoology, Patna Women‟s College since 2003.
- Conducted a UGC sponsored National Conference on “Environmental Education for Sustainable Lifestyle” on 10th and 11th February 2006 as
- Conducted a UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Women and Occupational Health: Stress Hazards and Safety” on 17th and 18th January 2012 as Organizing Secretary.
- Vice President, Eco Task force, a student body working for environment.
- Member of IQAC of Patna Women’s College.
- Member of Research Committee of Patna Women’s college and Area Co-ordinator of Science.
- Member of Cultural Committee of Patna Women’s College.
- Dean, Science, Patna Women’s College.
- Editor of IRIS-Journal for Young Scientists.
- Editor (Science) of EXPLORE- Journal of research for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students.
- Co-ordinator, National Science Olympiad in 2005 and 2006.
- Edited the proceedings of the National Conference on „Environmental Education for Sustainable Lifestyle‟ held on 10th and 11th February
- Edited ‟Environmental Quiz 2004‟, a publication of ECO task Force.
- Compiled and edited ‟Energy Quiz 2007‟, a publication of ECO task Force.
- Compiled a booklet on “Tips on Solid Waste Management‟ a publication of ECO task Force.
- Compiled a booklet Causes, Effects and Mitigation of Climate Change a publication of ECO task Force.
- Compiled and edited ‟Environmental Quiz 2010‟, a publication of ECO task Force.
- Co-chaired a technical session at the International Conference on “Population Dynamism and Sustainable Resource Development” held during March 25 – 27, 2012 at Aligarh, India.
- Invited speaker at the 32nd Session of The Academy of Environmental Biology and National symposium on ‘Emerging pollutants and pathogens : Challenges and Risk reduction’ held at Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow from September 20-22, 2012.
- Chaired a technical session at the 4th International Conference on Anthropogenic Impact on Environment and Conservation Strategy (ICAIECS-2012) held at Ranchi from November 2 – 4, 2012.
- Co-chaired a technical session at The First International Forum on Asian Water Environment Technology” held at Jawaharalal Nehru University, New Delhi on 18-20 December 2013.
- Chaired a technical Session in the Department of Biotechnology Sponsored Workshop on Star College Scheme for the Colleges of Bihar and Jharkhand on 25.01.2018 at Patna Women’s College.
- KS Krishnan CUBE Teacher Fellow 2014 Award for exemplary contribution to collaborative undergraduate research during the year 2013-14 – awarded by Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai.
- Exemplary Teacher Award of the year 2014-15-awarded by Patna Women’s College.
- Institutional Researcher of the year 2014-15- awarded by Patna Women’s College.
- Yahya HSA and Shahla Yasmin (1989). Earthworms in the dietary spectrum of Whitebreasted Kingfisher Halcyon smyrnensis J. Bom Nat HistSoc, 88: 454.
- Yasmin Shahla and HSA Yahya (1993). Feeding habits and crop damage by Indian Peafowl WPA-INDIA NEWS, 1:8-9.
- Yasmin Shahla (1996) A Heronry in the Heart of a City. Newsletter for Birdwatcher, 36:78.
- Yasmin Shahla (1997) Storks Seeking Army Protection in Bihar. Newsletter for Birdwatcher, 37:15.
- Yasmin Shahla (1997) Ecological Isolation in Doves of Streptopelia spp. In and around AMU Campus, Aligarh. Newsletter for Birdwatcher, 37:85.