Dr. Vinita Priyedarshi
Vidwan ID – 332836
ORCID ID – 0000-0002-7367-9224
- Name: Dr. Vinita Priyedarshi
- Gender: Female
- Department: Political Science
- Did PhD in International Politics from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi on the topic “Assessing the theory of Fourth Generation Warfare: Case Studies of Counterinsurgency in Andhra Pradesh, Punjab and Northern Ireland” under the supervision of Prof Rajesh Rajagopalan.
- Did my M. Phil. in International Politics from Jawaharlal Nehru University and submitted my dissertation on the topic “Typology of Counter-terrorism Strategies: Case Study of India and Israel”, under the supervision of Dr. Rajesh Rajgopalan and got A- in it.
- Qualified NET in June 2006.
- Did M.A. in Political Science from Patna University with distinction (68%) and securing gold medal.
- Did B.A. from Patna University securing first position in the University with 67 percent marks.
- Did intermediate from D.A.V. Shyamli, Ranchi securing 75 %.
- Did matriculation from Don Bosco Academy, Patna with 76 %.
Research and Teaching Experience:
- Currently teaching in Patna Women’s College, Patna University from 1st of July, 2014.
- Worked as Research Associate in USI-CS3, from July 2008 to September 2010.
- Worked as a Research Associate in CSDS (Center for the Study of Developing Societies) under Prof. Ramin Jahanbegloo (heading Rajni Kothari Chair for Democracy) for two years.
- Worked as a Research Associate in IPCS [Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies] on the Project dealing with terrorism in South Asia.
- Assisted Web Martin (a British Scholar working on Right to Information Act) for six months in his project on RTI.
Assisted Bianca Brijnath (an Australian Research Scholar working on Dementia) for eight months.
- Book published:
- Typology of Counter-terrorism Strategies: Comparative Study of India and Israel, Knowledge World, New Delhi, Vinita Priyedarshi, ISBN: 978-93-80502-27-4.
- Chapters in Edited Book
- Strategies for Countering Non-State Actors in South Asia (ed.), Vij Books India Pvt. Limited, New Delhi.
- Challenging Patriarchy- A Humanist Perspective (edited), “Invisibility of Gender in International Relations”, Synergy Books India, New Delhi.
- Dalit, Society and Politics: Emerging Trends in Indian Political System, “Dalit Feminist Movement”, Synergy Books India, New Delhi.
- Indira – A Visionary: Revisiting her Policies and their Impact (2018), “India’s Nuclear Strategy during Mrs Gandhi’s reign: From Non- Proliferation to Pokhran”, St. Agnes College (Autonomous), Mangaluru, Karnataka.
- Biodiversity and Sustainable Development (2019), “Managing Environment: A Gendered Perspective”, Walnut Publications, Bhubneshawar.
Article published in peer-reviewed international journal:
- Role of Naxalite movement in ensuring the basic rights of women, World Affairs, Vol.17, No. 3, July-Sept. 2013, RNI NO 55516/92 ISSN 0971-8052.
- Tracing the tenets of Fourth Generation Warfare in the functioning of al-Qaeda, June 2010, Vol 66 (2), India Quarterly, ISSN 0974-9284.
Articles published in peer-reviewed National journal:
- Is nuclear deterrence applicable to Fourth Generation Warfare, Aakrosh, Oct-Dec 2009 issue, Vol. 12, No. 45, ISBN-81/ISSN 0971.
- Revisiting the theory of Fourth Generation Warfare in the Naxalite Movement of India, Aakrosh, July 2010, ISSN 0971.
- Crafting a Counter-Naxalite Strategy, Journal of the United Service Institution of India, Vol. CXL, No. 580, April-June 2010, ISSN 0041-770X.
- Wrote a course on terrorism for the post graduate students under E-PG Pathshala Scheme sponsored by UGC, July 2015.
Article published in indexed Web Journals:
- Charitable Organization and Terrorist Funding: The Case of Muslim Aid Bangladesh, 23rd November 2007, IPCS Web, No. 2423
- Bangladesh: Gripped between Reforms and Cyclone, November 2007, IPCS Strategic Review (ISR), No. 2187.
- Fighting Asymmetric Warfare through Special Task Forces: the case of Greyhounds, July 20, 2009, CLAWS, No. 1362.
- Talks with the Taliban: Implications for India, February 5, 2010, IPCS, Web, No. 3059.
- The Rationale behind Operation Green Hunt, February, 2010, Strategic Perspective, USI.
- National Counter-terrorism Centre in India: Organizational Debacles Involved, February 22, 2010, CLAWS, No. 1506.
- Fighting Naxalism: Need for Change in Strategy, 8th April, 2010, IPCS Web, No. 3087
List of Papers presented in Seminars and Workshop/ Conference attended as a speaker:
- Presented Paper on ‘Epistemology of violence in the theory of Fourth Generation Warfare’ at the Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta (Nov 4-10, 2009).
- Presented paper at the Bilateral Dialogue with the Kazakhstan held at USI on 28 January 2009 on “Countering Non-traditional threats to National Security: Dealing with Left-wing Extremism”.
- Presented a paper at National Seminar on India’s National Security: Emerging Trends on the topic “Challenges to Internal Security: the Naxalite Threat”, 10-11 March 2010, Punjabi University, Patiala.
- Presented a paper at the National Seminar on Strategy for Countering Non-state Actors in South Asia on the topic “Non-state Actors Operating in Rural Hinterland”, Headquarter South Western Command, Jaipur, 25th May 2010.
- Presented paper at the Indian Association of International Studies Annual conventional on the theme “The dawning of the ‘Asian Century’: Emerging challenges before theory and practices of IR in India”, IIC, New Delhi, 10-12 December, 2012.
- Presented paper at the Annual International Studies Convention 2013 on ‘Re-imagining Global Orders: Perspectives from the South’, on the topic “Role of Naxalites in Promoting the Human Rights of Women, JNU, New Delhi, December 10-12, 2014
- Participated in State Level Workshop for Community Colleges of Bihar on the theme “Prayas: Ek Nayi Soch, Nayi Ummid” organized by Community College of Patna Women’s College on 18th March 2016.
- Presented a paper in the International Seminar on ‘Challenging Patriarchy: A Humanist Perspective’ on the topic “Invisibility of Women in International Relations”, Patna Women’s College, Patna University 26th -28th October, 2016.
- Presented a paper in the International Seminar on “Dalit, Society and Politics Emerging Trends in Indian Political System” on the topic “Feminist’s Contribution to Dalit Movement”, Patna Women’s College, Patna University, 6-7 February, 2017.
- Presented a paper in the National Seminar on ‘Morality and Politics: The Perspectives of Jay Prakash’ on the topic “Jayprakash’s Interface with Marxism: Carving Out of a New Social Order” organized by Patna Women’s College, 26-28 February, 2018.
- Presented a paper in the International Seminar on “Indira – A Visionary: Revisiting her Policies and their Impact” on the topic “India’s Nuclear Strategy during Mrs Gandhi’s reign: From Non- Proliferation to Pokhran”, St. Agnes College (Autonomous), Mangaluru, Karnataka, 19-20 March, 2018.
- Presented a paper at the Two Day International Seminar on “India’s Emerging Relations with West Asian Countries: A Global Perspective” on the topic ‘Securing Nuclear Disarmament through Sanctions: A myth or Reality’ organized by UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, Jamia Milia Islamia on 27-28 January 2020, New Delhi.
- Presented a paper at the International Web Conference on the theme “Pandemic Effect and Global Economy: Unseen Challenges & Opportunities- Post COVID-19 Diagnosis” on the topic ‘Positive Impact of Covid-19 on the Education System organized by Amity School of Business, Amity University, Patna on 31st July to 1st August 2020.
- Completed 2 weeks (August 24th to September 7 2020) Faculty Development Programme on “Gendered Contours of the Pandemic: Reinventing Public Policy and Leadership Transformation” organized by PG department of Gender studies and Sarala Devi Centre for Gender Research, Rama Devi Women’s University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha in collaboration with Policy Centre and Gender Lab of Miranda House, University of Delhi.
- Participated in One Day National Webinar on the topic “NEP-2020 and Prospects of Teacher Education” on 30th June 2021, organized by Educational Development Council and Raghunandan Teacher’s Training College, Patna.
- Participated in 2-day National Webinar on “Strategy of Atmanirbhar Bharat in the Context of Youth Migrant Labourers: A Sociological analysis” from 19th to 20th October, 2020 organized by the Dept. of Sociology, Patna Women’s College in collaboration with IQAC, PWC, Patna.
- As a Member of Bihar Voluntary Health Association attended the Pledge Taking Meeting with UNICEF, SCPCR, and CCHT (Collective Coalition against Human Trafficking) on 12/06/2021 from 11.30 onwards.
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored Faculty Induction Programme from 1st February 2021 to 27th February 2021 organized by UGC-HRDC, Jawaharlal Nehru University and obtained Grade A only in it.
Guided UGC Sponsored CPE Research Projects (Graduate Level) which were also published in Explore Journal as Corresponding Author:
- The Politician’s Right to Privacy Versus the People’s Right to Know: Nidhi Rai, Ritika Sagar and Shraddha Suman, Explore, Volume VIII, 2016.
- Modi-fication or Justification (Pallavi Singh, Surbhi Goyal and Khushbu Kumari), Explore, Volume IX, 2017, ISSN 2278-0297.
- Digital Diplomacy: Rewards and Challenges: Diva Choudhary, Krity Gautami, and Sakshi Singh. Submitted on 16-9-2018.
- Scientific Member to the 2nd International Conference on Future of Women 2019 (Future of Women 2019), of International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM), Sri Lanka from 1st of October 2018 to 30th of January 2019
- Was a resource person at the one-day webinar organized by Prabhat Khabar on the theme “Election 2020-Aspirations and Challenges” on 17th October 2020.
- Participated as a political analyst on APN News Channel, New Delhi on 10th of November 2020.
- Was a Resource Person in the Panel discussion on Local Government and Pandemic organized by St. Xavier’s College of Management and Technology, Digha Ghat, Patna on the eve of National Panchayati Raj Day held on 24th April 2021 online on MS Team.
- Co-joint Organizing Secretary of the National Seminar on ‘Morality and Politics: The Perspectives of Jay Prakash’ organized by Patna Women’s College, 26-28 February, 2018.
- Joint Organizing Secretary of the UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Dalit, Society and Politics Emerging Trends in Indian Political System” organized by Patna Women’s College, Patna University, 6-7 February, 2017.
- Joint-organizing Secretary of the International Seminar on ‘Challenging Patriarchy: A Humanist Perspective’ organized by Patna Women’s College, Patna University 26th -28th October, 2016.
- Coordinator of Add-on Certificate Course in Women’s Studies, run by the Department of Political Science, Patna Women’s College (Autonomous), Patna University.
- Member AIACHE, New Delhi.
- Member CCHT (Collective Coalition against Human Trafficking), Patna.